Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Creating Macros for each and every PC / NPC - [Macro Tab + Full list Character sharing between accounts(fellow players)]

My problem with spending all of this insane amount of time upfront, there are just too many macro possibilities. I'd ask for multiple macro bars, but that isn't really the best solution. Since then half of my screen as a GM would be buttons. I would really love to iron it out for players, for D&D Next for instance it would require minimum this many: up to 3 or so for common attacks, (which may or may not have damage, so maybe extra 3 there). Then 3 for each saving throw, as you have to account for Advantage, Disadvantage, and normal. Then the same story for each skill ability check. Then you have to have for a non-skill proficiency ability check (just a flat STR roll, etc). The list goes on and on. First is an easy way to share character sheets for NPCs(monsters) from player to player. Second, is an additional right hand tab for a "token properties aka macros" tab. That way if it is a full tab, it could probably fit a lot of information in there.
To the best of my knowledge, there is no way to transfer resources from a campaign that you have created to one that another person has created. Given that Roll20 has an integrated marketplace where people pay money for assets, it's probably a step that's been taken to try to curb copyright infringement, and make sure those content creators get their due. For your second suggestion, note that if you open up a character sheet, beside each ability there is a little d20 icon. Clicking this will roll the ability. It's not quite as convenient as what you're asking for, but it certainly is something similar to your request.
David A. said: To the best of my knowledge, there is no way to transfer resources from a campaign that you have created to one that another person has created. Given that Roll20 has an integrated marketplace where people pay money for assets, it's probably a step that's been taken to try to curb copyright infringement, and make sure those content creators get their due. For your second suggestion, note that if you open up a character sheet, beside each ability there is a little d20 icon. Clicking this will roll the ability. It's not quite as convenient as what you're asking for, but it certainly is something similar to your request. Right, if they can just tweak it, so the character token sheet could be made into a tab on the right at least, instead of a popup. I just want to essentially have it tie into the selected token as well. So it would be a token properties menu. I understand what you are saying about the assets of tokens. Even one that would be a token-less character sheet exchange. That would save an insane amount of time. They have this feature for intercampaign transfer with the transmogrifier, however you cant share with others.
Gauss
Forum Champion
Regarding opening up a character sheet, you can open a sheet to the appropriate tab by Shift+dbl click or Alt+dbl click on the token. It will open the associated sheet, you can hit the macro roll you want, and then hit esc to close it. - Gauss
I guess that is middle ground.
Personally i cant imagine a reason not to include damage on an attack roll. If the attack misses you just ignore the damage. I made all mine as inline rolls that said (weapon name) attack [[?]] damage [[?]]. For the saves and initiative i made macros with the new selected token feature that everyone can see/use. All they do is select their token, go to the settings tab, and click the macro(or use it from their macro bar if they added it). Then you dont have to put them into each character, so it saves a lot of time. I do think it would be great to be able to share character sheets, etc. between players, but right now the only way i can think of would be to have both players be mentors, then have them both set to gm of the campaign the character is in and use the transmogrifier. I dont actually know if that would work, but maybe it would. If you keep the number of abilities on each character reasonable the 'alt+double click' works fairly well for accessing character specific attacks and such when you need them.
Gauss
Forum Champion
The Transmogrifier only works for campaigns you own. You cannot copy elements of a campaign you are not the owner of even if you are a GM. - Gauss
Put macros into a .txt as you make them, Copy Paste as needed. Or set up a place your players of any campaign can access (A centralized forum or google doc. for example) Personally, when I make a character I know I'll be using on roll20 I make a folder for it including <name>macros.txt, related pictures, and a .pdf of the character sheet, and if needed a <name>journal.txt for individual campaigns if the character is used in multiple places. Though that might not be what you're after the macros in a txt is just damn hand