Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Is it possible to change a tokens opacity?

Hey there guys! So say I have a token that's basically a fog. I want to send this fog from the GM layer to the map layer at a certain point (for CoS), to make it look like the mists are engulfing the players.  The only problem is, the mist / fog is kind of overpowering / way to hard to see through. Is there a way to change the opacity of a token in roll20?  The image is a png.   My fallback solution is to try to manually change the opacity in gimp.  So I guess my question is, does roll20 have the capability to alter a tokens opacity? 
There is no way to change the opacity of a token in Roll20. The token aura is translucent and you may find one that is suitable to you rneeds, but it has a set opacity as well.   
Ed S. said: There is no way to change the opacity of a token in Roll20. The token aura is translucent and you may find one that is suitable to you rneeds, but it has a set opacity as well.    Ah, okay. Thanks for the info, even though it is disapoointing. 
Silvyre
Forum Champion
You could stack a few low-opacity Tokens as a cheap way of raising opacity.
Silvyre said: You could stack a few low-opacity Tokens as a cheap way of raising opacity. Huh. That's a great idea! Thanks!