Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

BODY Damage for the HERO System

Has anyone worked out a macro to calculate the BODY damage for Normal damage? All damage is rolled on d6s in the HERO System. A Normal damage attack does STUN damage equal to the amount rolled on the pool of d6s for the attack rolled. Each d6 rolled is checked to determine the amount of BODY damage it may produce. STUN damage d6 rolled: 1 = 0 BODY damage 2-5 = 1 BODY damage 6 = 2 BODY damage For example, my character punches and hits an opponent and rolls 4d6 STUN damage. The dice roll comes up 4+1+6+2. This means that the attack did 13 STUN damage and 4 BODY damage. Now, to throw a wrench into the machinery... In the HERO System a character can also roll 1/2d6 along with normal d6s for damage. Calculating the BODY damage done when a 1/2d6 is rolled looks like this: 1-3 = 0 BODY damage 4-6 = 1 BODY damage OK, so let's now assume that my character does 3d6+1/2d6 STUN damage with a punch attack. He rolls his damage dice and the roll comes up 4+3+2 and 6. This means that he did 12 STUN damage and 4 BODY damage.
Come on Roll20 Dice Wizards! I know you're lurking, LOL! :)
I wouldn't mind seeing it either.   Maybe something like /roll 5d6N to have it calculate out the roll.  The N term is commonly used in HERO games to denote "Normal" damage.   Something related that might also be good as a stop gap measure would be sorted rolls.  It is useful for explosions in HERO games where the highest dice are dropped off the farther you get from the center of explosions.  Since you already support highlighting the highest rolled and lowest rolled dice with green and red respectively, by sorting it would make it easy to count numbers of 6s and number of 1s and determine BODY of normal attacks.  For example: 20d6 = 1+5+3+6+1+5+1+2+3+3+2+6+2+1+5+1+1+6+5+2 or 61 STUN, there are 3 6s and 6 1s meaning I am up 3(for the sixes) and down 6(for the ones) or 17 (20 + 3 - 6).
I would be really interested in this as we will be trying our first Roll 20 game using Fantasy Hero.
I would also like to see some basic HERO dice support.
The way Roll20 is setup presently, there is no known way to include the 1/2d6 with a full d6 in the same roll, technically. The closest I can come for the BODY damage is this: /r {3d6s}>2 This  rolls 3d6 and counts each die roll higher than a 1 as a success, and sorts the rolls from least to highest, so you just need to remember to count up the 6s and add additional +1s for each of them, because there is no way to add more than one success for a die result in Roll20.  Given the above, the 1/2d6 can be done similarly: /r {3d6s}>4 This will roll 3d6 and counts each die that rolls 4 or more as a success. I don't believe these two can be combined with the Grouping method in Roll20 because it doesn't support more than one conditional evaluation done on a series of comma separated dice groups, nor multiple separate dice groups with their own evaluations at once. Obviously you can make a macro and have it roll and display the full d6 and the 1/2d6 rolls, but I don't believe there's a way to "add" your successes together automatically - you'll have to do it manually/mentally.