Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

How to center text on the default roll template?

Edited 1478838891
I'm working with the roll templates for the first time, and I'm finding that everything except for the name is divided by a center line in the table's display. Is there any way to remove the center line case-by-case? For example, can I create an attack macro that displays a centered, undivided effect on the bottom line of the table? What I had in mind is something like this: &{template:default} {{name=Bite}} ({Melee Weapon Attack}} {{Attack = [[1d20+4]] to hit, reach 4ft, one target}} {{Hit = [[2d4]] piercing damage}} {{If the target is a creature, it must succeed on a DC 11 Strength saving throw or be knocked prone.}} Doesn't exactly work. It's pretty ugly (and a waste of space) when everything is shoved to one side. Any ideas?
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
The default template uses a 2-column layout.  Basically your key/property (text left of " = ") will be in the left column, while the value(data right of " = ") will be in the right.  Try adding an " = " at the beginning of your description.  This will push the majority of the text to the right column. &{template:default} {{name=Bite}} ({Melee Weapon Attack}} {{Attack = [[1d20+4]] to hit, reach 4ft, one target}} {{Hit = [[2d4]] piercing damage}} {{=If the target is a creature, it must succeed on a DC 11 Strength saving throw or be knocked prone.}}
That answers the question, but poses a new one: Is there a roll template that: Offers both columned and centered text. Allows me to name and add custom sections. Doesn't create an additional tab on my character sheet Probably reaching a bit, but a guy can dream.
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Check out  Power Cards , it can help you achieve all of your dreams... and even use conditional logic to determine a variety of outputs ;)
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Robert R. said: That answers the question, but poses a new one: Is there a roll template that: Offers both columned and centered text. Allows me to name and add custom sections. Doesn't create an additional tab on my character sheet Probably reaching a bit, but a guy can dream. That depends on which character sheet you are using.
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Robert R. said: Is there a roll template that: Doesn't create an additional tab on my character sheet Roll Templates are provided via Character Sheets and hence come hand-in-hand with the addition of the Character Sheet Tab to the Character Window. PowerCards, as Z suggested, can be used without the Character Sheet Tab.
You could add your own custom template to your campaign, by adding the character sheet manually instead of selecting it in the drop down menu. You would have to learn html and css however. Or find someone to create it for you.
I think I'm just gonna go with the default, and if it ends up not working I'll try the API. One final question: Is it possible to change the header color of the default table without using API commands?
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
It isn't.
The Aaron said: It isn't. Arrgh... Okay, I'll take another look at the script.