Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Macro to use all player's Perception rolls

Edited 1479144045
So, I am wanting to make a macro that will roll all my player's perception skill checks, Pathfinder character sheets if you need to know. I want to be able to roll 6 of their character's perception and do it in a whisper to myself. Is there a way to do this within 1 macro that will pull the stats from their sheet? I am using PowerCards as an API as well if that is an easier way to do this. The sheet uses: &{template:pf_generic} {{character_name=@{character_name}}} {{character_id=@{character_id}}} {{name=Perception}} {{Check=[[ 1d20 + [[ @{Perception} ]] ]]}} But I cannot find an easy way to emulate this as a standalone macro for several characters.  Right now I have a normal PowerCard macro:  /w gm !power {{  -- Dugald Perception: [[d20+4]] -- Nogmeg Perception: [[d20+6]] -- Mogmakara Perception: [[d20+6]] -- Verelis Perception: [[d20+6]] -- Ryukishi Perception: [[d20+0]] -- Sarkhan Perception: [[d20-4]] -- Nocturna Perception: [[d20+5]] -- Ryuu Perception: [[d20-2]] }} But obviously I have to edit this whenever they level up or have a stat change.
I have a macro for this, but it will only work the 5e shaped sheet, so unfortunately won't work for you.  : / I know you'll get it figured out though. The help here on the forums is amazing.

Edited 1479161529
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Hi, if you replace all of your + x  with + @{<character name>|Perception} you'll be golden... for example: /w gm !power {{ -- Dugald Perception: [[d20+@{Dugald|Perception}]] -- Nogmeg Perception: [[d20+@{Nogmeg|Perception}]] -- Mogmakara Perception: [[d20+@{Mogmakara|Perception}]] -- Verelis Perception: [[d20+@{Verelis|Perception}]] -- Ryukishi Perception: [[d20+@{Ryukishi|Perception}]] -- Sarkhan Perception: [[d20+@{Sarkhan|Perception}]] -- Nocturna Perception: [[d20+@{Nocturna|Perception}]] -- Ryuu Perception: [[d20+@{Ryuu|Perception}]] }}
Silvyre
Forum Champion
^ Just make sure to change the minus signs to plus signs, or you might get some irritated players!

Edited 1479161517
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Silvyre said: ^ Just make sure to change the minus signs to plus signs, or you might get some irritated players! I assumed some of the players just aren't very perceptive... dump stat perhaps? But yeah, even in that case the attribute would take that into account... D'OH! Edited the post to reflect that simple but necessary 'addition' <-- get it?
Ziechael said: Hi, if you replace all of your + x  with + @{<character name>|Perception} you'll be golden... for example: /w gm !power {{ -- Dugald Perception: [[d20+@{Dugald|Perception}]] -- Nogmeg Perception: [[d20+@{Nogmeg|Perception}]] -- Mogmakara Perception: [[d20+@{Mogmakara|Perception}]] -- Verelis Perception: [[d20+@{Verelis|Perception}]] -- Ryukishi Perception: [[d20+@{Ryukishi|Perception}]] -- Sarkhan Perception: [[d20+@{Sarkhan|Perception}]] -- Nocturna Perception: [[d20+@{Nocturna|Perception}]] -- Ryuu Perception: [[d20+@{Ryuu|Perception}]] }} This works! Thanks a lot for the quick response. And yeah, some of them have pretty low Wis or have traits that lower perception. Though I do have a question about all of this information it pulls up, mostly regarding all the floor text etc. Is there a way to shorten all this text to just show the roll and the bonus they get to it?
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
That text is the calculation from any autocalc fields (usually the ones based on attributes etc). Wrap the @{...|Per...} in another set of [[ ]] and you'll only get the roll and the bonus :) /w gm !power {{ -- Dugald Perception: [[d20+[[@{Dugald|Perception}]]]] -- Nogmeg Perception: [[d20+[[@{Nogmeg|Perception}]]]] -- Mogmakara Perception: [[d20+[[@{Mogmakara|Perception}]]]] -- Verelis Perception: [[d20+[[@{Verelis|Perception}]]]] -- Ryukishi Perception: [[d20+[[@{Ryukishi|Perception}]]]] -- Sarkhan Perception: [[d20+[[@{Sarkhan|Perception}]]]] -- Nocturna Perception: [[d20+[[@{Nocturna|Perception}]]]] -- Ryuu Perception: [[d20+[[@{Ryuu|Perception}]]]] }}
That is great! Been wondering how to fix that for over a year. Thanks, you've been a great help to a GM who hates having to search through endless text.
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
You are very welcome! Happy rolling :)
Ziechael said: Wrap the @{...|Per...} in another set of [[ ]] and you'll only get the roll and the bonus :) I wish I could just +1 a reply, but since I can't: +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1+1 +1 +1 +1 +1+1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 I too have been wondering how to avoid seeing that wall of text to try to find the relevant info.