Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Event for "drag and drop"

So if you drag a character journal with a graphic, it appears on the table top... if you drag a handout to the tabletop it asks if you want to show it to players... if you drag a character journal link in a handout to the table top it does nothing... So my hope is that there is some event the occurs when a link it dragged to the tabletop, because it sure would be nice to have encounters setup with in linked handouts, then be able to drag character journals right out onto the tabletop using the link in the handout.  I am pretty sure that this isn't possible, but figured I would ask to be sure.

Edited 1479656639
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
While the functionality that you describe isn't possible, there is (maybe) a workaround using an API script. You could use the script mentioned in  this post . You would set up "links" in the handout for the encounter that would actually be  journal command buttons . The command button would send the appropriate API command to generate whichever monsters you needed for that encounter around a selected token. There are some caveats here though: You'd have to have a token already on the VTT selected for this to work Journal command buttons only work if the journal entry the command button it is in is not popped out into a separate window Would that work? Scott
Thanks Scott, this kind of works, just adds a bit more complexity.