Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Very high cpu usage after recent roll20 update

Edited 1479836419
I wanted to run a game today after  a few weeks break, during which there was an update which changed the audio/video api used. Now I seem to get some unusually high cpu load coming from the web browser (google chrome, cause it never worked stable at all in firefox). I have an older Athlon64X2 4200 overclocked to 2x2,6GHz and the load average is over 3.00 when I have roll20 running (about 50% over what both cpu cores can handle), even if I stop any other apps/processes. This makes the site drop connection, tear audio, freeze video frames, etc, making the overall game impossible. This didn't happen on this machine in the past months. Are there any plans on optimizing the site? my system spec: OpenSUSE 42.1 64bit, using Mesa gpu drivers Athlon64X2 4200+ @2,6GHz 8GB DDR2 Radeon R7 250X game running in official google chrome, newest stable version, no plugins installed
Hy! My party is experiencing the same problem. We are have players that can see and hear GM, but are not able to see or hear each other (vice versa). In some cases, we tried to broadcast audio only, in an effort to turn the game more "light" and cause less connection problems, but in adition to make gamming experience much less enjoyable, it also seems to not solve the problem at all. There are any plans ofoptimizing the experience and broadcast issues?
I also tried switching back to OpenTok, but it didn't help much.