Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[Request] [Script Update] Extended Expressions

Edited 1480108880
Okay, I know this script is pretty old, and it clearly needs some updating. Myself and others have attempted to reach the creator of it Manveti , but it seems as though he has not really come back to roll20 for whatever reasons. His last post was 2 months ago, and the last before that is 11 months. After hours upon hours of tinkering with the api script and testing my macros, I have come to the conclusion as to why certain aspects of it doesn't work as it should. And what can be done to fix them, but I do not understand the coding language to do so :/ Whenever someone encounters the API script failing error of ReferenceError: astToInline is not defined that is because alot of the roll commands we type in chat aren't defined in the api script. Such as but not limited to... 1d20 ! 1d20 cs >15 2d20 r 1 k 2 1 t[table] and so on, a lot of these features aren't defined in Extended Expression by default because I assume it came out before those were added in. But if someone can figure out how to add these roll functions into the script it could be really awesome. Cause currently if you try to predefine a roll using one of the above roll functions it just crashes with the error posted above. But if we manage to get it to work with them, we can make even more amazing macros with this script. It could and should change everything, it would allow me personally to predefine the roll/output of a table. In which you can then have a list of outputs or modifiers based on what the table actually rolled. More specifically using the image table trick using tinyurl, you can make it display that image then roll a per-determined stat rolling method based on which image showed up. There are a few more problems with the script, i've seen them posted on these forums but the above problem was prevalent in my mind and as such is the only one i can think of at this moment.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
I'm not sure I understand what the functionality you want is. If you have access to the API there's much better ways to return random URLs the the tongue method which is really a Jacky method for non pro subs to get something done without the API. I've looked at extended expressions before, but I've never been able to figure out what the benefit of the script is.

Edited 1480200831
Myself personally, I am using it for the If then else statements you can make with it and with some bit of logic added in you can make a if then elseif else statement. The macro I made with it allows me to target a token, roll the attack with the variables it pulls from the character sheet. Then it compares the attack roll vs the AC of the target. Tells you if it is a hit,miss or a crit. Rolls the damage or the critical damage. Then has a button to use ApplyChange to change the token's hp. I also enjoy the ability to predefine rolls and other such things as variables then call them throughout the macro. It stores the result instead of the roll so when you call say Attack (1d20+6) it doesn't call 1d20+6 each time only the result of say 14.