Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

5e Shaped sheet - Is there a way for a PLUS user to migrate?

I'm a "Plus" user and want to export and update PC's, monsters, etc. that I created using the 5e Shaped sheet.  We're on an old version and I can't figure out how to do it. Is this something only "Pro" users can do?

Edited 1480472175
Vanakoji
KS Backer
Not entirely sure what sort of setup you are looking for but the character vault can take a sheet from one game to another. Going to tools -&gt; character vault at the top of the page will take you there, you can then import to the vault from the game one sheet at a time. You can then export them to a different game and update them but will have to follow the process again to put them back into the game which has more steps if you are not the DM and exporting the sheet to a game makes a new one and does not replace the old one. So the character vault is the one option you have for moving sheets around.&nbsp; There are some limitations based on user subcription level but plus covers that for the vault stuff, full details can be found&nbsp; <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/My_Vault" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/My_Vault</a>
My game is set for "5th Edition (Shaped, Legacy) (DEPRECATED)" but I'm not sure how to upgrade the PC's and dozens of monsters to "5th Edition (Shaped)". &nbsp;Is it as simple as setting up a new game as that, saving the sheets in the vault and then exporting them to the new game?

Edited 1480483656
Vanakoji
KS Backer
Ok so you are using the real old one. While it is suggested to make new sheets, the best option to upgrade what is already there is 1) Make a copy of the game 2) On this copy, select the new shaped sheet. 3) Check that sheets, not everything will transfer as, if I remember, conversion code would take a long time to cover everything and was not worth it when not making new sheets could cause lag or other issues. However, just selected the new sheet on the copy should update the sheets on that game. That should covert as much as possible while still leaving you the original game to check for things missing. The reason it is suggested to make new sheets is that after the update, those old fields are still there and can cause issues and lag with the sheet. Anything not converted here will need to be manually added in The great thing is that the new shaped sheet supports drag and drop so if you need to make a new sheet for an old character, entering a spell, weapon, piece of equipment, or armor, you just click the add and can drag and drop it onto the field from the compendium and it will auto fill in making it much faster, a 15 spell list can be done in a few minutes. The same is true if you switch the sheet to NPC mode you can drag and drop monsters onto it to auto fill their stats in.
Thanks. I'll give it a try