Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[7th Sea 2e] Roll Template Help

Tom
Pro
Sheet Author
Hey everyone, I'm working on a modded version of Coal Powered Puppet's 7th Sea 2nd edition character sheet and need some help getting the roll template where I want it. I don't have a lot of experience with Roll Templates, so I'm kinda shooting in the dark on this one. If CCP cares to jump in on this one, naturally I'd be thilled for the help. My main issue right now lie in the output. &nbsp;Here's the HTML code: &lt;div&gt; &lt;rolltemplate&gt; &lt;table&gt; &lt;tr&gt; &lt;th colspan="5"&gt;{{name}}&lt;/th&gt; &lt;/tr&gt; &lt;tr&gt; {{#1}} &lt;th&gt;&lt;div&gt;{{1}}&lt;/div&gt;&lt;/th&gt; {{/1}} {{#2}} &lt;th&gt;&lt;div&gt;{{2}}&lt;/div&gt;&lt;/th&gt; {{/2}} {{#3}} &lt;th&gt;&lt;div&gt;{{3}}&lt;/div&gt;&lt;/th&gt; {{/3}} {{#4}} &lt;th&gt;&lt;div&gt;{{4}}&lt;/div&gt;&lt;/th&gt; {{/4}} {{#5}} &lt;th&gt;&lt;div&gt;{{5}}&lt;/div&gt;&lt;/th&gt; {{/5}} &lt;/tr&gt; &lt;/table&gt; &lt;/rolltemplate&gt; &lt;rolltemplate&gt; &lt;table&gt; &lt;tr&gt; &lt;th colspan="5"&gt;{{name}}&lt;/th&gt; &lt;/tr&gt; &lt;tr&gt; {{#1}} &lt;th&gt;&lt;div&gt;{{1}}&lt;/div&gt;&lt;/th&gt; {{/1}} {{#2}} &lt;th&gt;&lt;div&gt;{{2}}&lt;/div&gt;&lt;/th&gt; {{/2}} {{#3}} &lt;th&gt;&lt;div&gt;{{3}}&lt;/div&gt;&lt;/th&gt; {{/3}} {{#4}} &lt;th&gt;&lt;div&gt;{{4}}&lt;/div&gt;&lt;/th&gt; {{/4}} {{#5}} &lt;th&gt;&lt;div&gt;{{5}}&lt;/div&gt;&lt;/th&gt; {{/5}} &lt;/tr&gt; {{#boost}} &lt;tr&gt; &lt;th colspan="5"&gt;Bonus Die&lt;div&gt;{{boost}}&lt;/div&gt;&lt;/th&gt; &lt;/tr&gt; {{/boost}} {{#reroll}} &lt;tr&gt; &lt;th colspan="5"&gt;Reroll&lt;div&gt;{{reroll}}&lt;/div&gt;&lt;/th&gt; &lt;/tr&gt; {{/reroll}} &lt;/table&gt; &lt;/rolltemplate&gt; &lt;rolltemplate&gt; &lt;table&gt; &lt;tr&gt; &lt;th colspan="2"&gt;{{name}}&lt;/th&gt; &lt;/tr&gt; {{#cost}} &lt;tr&gt; &lt;th&gt;Cost&lt;/th&gt; &lt;th&gt;{{cost}}&lt;/th&gt; &lt;/tr&gt; {{/cost}} {{#score}} &lt;tr&gt; &lt;th&gt;Reputation Rating&lt;/th&gt; &lt;th&gt;{{score}}&lt;/th&gt; &lt;/tr&gt; {{/score}} {{#wealth}} &lt;tr&gt; &lt;th&gt;Wealth&lt;/th&gt; &lt;th&gt;{{wealth}}&lt;/th&gt; &lt;/tr&gt; {{/wealth}} &lt;tr&gt; &lt;th colspan="3"&gt;{{note}}&lt;/div&gt;&lt;/th&gt; &lt;/tr&gt; &lt;/table&gt; &lt;/rolltemplate&gt; &lt;/div&gt; And the CSS: /*------------roll templates-----------*/ /*============ trait ===========*/ .sheet-rolltemplate-trait table { width: 100%; border: none; border-radius:5px; background: url ('<a href="http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs40/i/2009/004/8/4/dirty_parchment_by_swimmingintheether.jpg" rel="nofollow">http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs40/i/2009/004/8/4/dirty_parchment_by_swimmingintheether.jpg</a>'); } .sheet-rolltemplate-trait td { padding: 5px; border: none; color: black; font-family: Copperplate, 'Copperplate Gothic Light', fantasy; font-size: 1em; font-weight: bold; letter-spacing: 1px; } .sheet-rolltemplate-trait .inlinerollresult, .sheet-rolltemplate-trait .inlinerollresult.fullcrit, .sheet-rolltemplate-trait .inlinerollresult.fullfail, .sheet-rolltemplate-trait .inlinerollresult.importantroll { border:none; background:transparent; font-weight: bold; color:black; text-align:center; letter-spacing: 2px; margin-left:5px; } .sheet-rolltemplate-trait .sheet-skill_number { border:1px solid black; border-radius:5px; background:white; font-weight: bold; color:black; width:50px; display:inline; text-align:center; } /*============skill===========*/ .sheet-rolltemplate-show table, .sheet-rolltemplate-skill table { width: 100%; border: none; border-radius:5px; background: url ('<a href="http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs40/i/2009/004/8/4/dirty_parchment_by_swimmingintheether.jpg" rel="nofollow">http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs40/i/2009/004/8/4/dirty_parchment_by_swimmingintheether.jpg</a>'); } .sheet-rolltemplate-show td, .sheet-rolltemplate-show th, .sheet-rolltemplate-skill th { padding: 5px; border: none; color: black; font-family: Copperplate, 'Copperplate Gothic Light', fantasy; font-size: 1em; font-weight: bold; letter-spacing: 1px; } .sheet-rolltemplate-skill .inlinerollresult, .sheet-rolltemplate-skill .inlinerollresult.fullcrit, .sheet-rolltemplate-skill .inlinerollresult.fullfail, .sheet-rolltemplate-skill .inlinerollresult.importantroll { border:none; background:transparent; font-weight: bold; text-align:center; letter-spacing: 2px; margin-left:5px; } .sheet-rolltemplate-show .sheet-skill_number, .sheet-rolltemplate-skill .sheet-skill_number { border:1px solid black; border-radius:5px; background: white; font-weight: bold; color:black; width:50px; display:inline; text-align:center; } .sheet-rolltemplate-skill .sheet-bonus { border:1px solid black; border-radius:5px; background:black; font-weight: bold; color: white; width:50px; display:inline; text-align:center; } .sheet-rolltemplate-skill .sheet-reroll { border:1px solid #2a3563; border-radius:5px; background:#2a3563; font-weight: bold; color:white; width:50px; display:inline; text-align:center; } So a couple of things: 1) When you roll your dice (Trait+Skill) you end up with two separate "windows;" one for Trait and one for Skill. &nbsp;I'd like to combine these two into one output. &nbsp;So Trait+Skill: results instead of Trait: Results | Skill: Results. &nbsp;I'm fine with rerolls getting a callout. 2) Exploding (1d10!) results should provide an additional 1-10 result, not combine for a single result of 10+. &nbsp;So a roll of 10 and 3 should return results of 10 and 3, not 13. &nbsp;Looking at the code, I can't for the life of me figure out why this is. 3) The look is inconsistent. &nbsp;Even though BOTH should be using the Copperplate font, the Trait template don't seem to be using it. &nbsp;When I run them, the results look like this: The padding for the Trait template appears to be off as well. That's good for a start. &nbsp;Can anyone help me out on this one?
Tom
Pro
Sheet Author
A bit more. &nbsp; I believe the templates are set up this way because the sheet uses radio bullets for both Traits and Skills. &nbsp;So instead of using an Xd10! calculation, each radio bullet equals a die # which is worth 1d10! name="attr_aim" value="{{1= [[1d@{d10}]]}}{{2= [[1d@{d10}]]}}{{3= [[1d@{d10}]]}}{{4= [[1d@{d10}]]}}{{5= [[1d@{d10}]]}} {{reroll= [[1d@{d10}]]}}" The sheet uses an attribute called @{d10} to distinguish between exploding and non-exploding dice: name="attr_d10" value="10!" I'm guessing the reason it's summing the result as opposed to creating a new die result is because its an inline roll, right?
Silvyre
Forum Champion
The behaviour you're describing sounds like that of Compounding Dice .
Tom
Pro
Sheet Author
Right, but as you can see from the formula that shouldn't be the case. &nbsp;So it must be an inline dice issue. &nbsp;If you mouse over the result, you'll see the results broken down. &nbsp;But in the template they are displayed as a single (total) number.
Tom
Pro
Sheet Author
No one?