Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[LFG] kinda new

Hi my name is Sam I am new to roll20 as well as moderately new to the rpg scene(unfortunately only ever tried one campaign of d&d didnt get to far mean DM decided he didnt like us so he made us kill each other off and then left group to fall apart) and would love to try and get into a game.... as for genre/game im really open i like fun storytelling mechanics and being 28 years old living somewhere i dont know anyone i have lots of free time i also have many Voip programs from my many different moba/shooters and other online RPGs(always felt they lacked in the ability to make the character your own) and unfortunately do not own a camera willing to get one in future if necessary(never needed one before) being very new i would appreciate and guidance and help. and hope to one day play in a game with some of you
Hello Sam, I am the MIGHTY FERRETHEIM and I am wondering what types of rps you are looking for currently? Since you are new to the table top genre by admission there are things like High Fantasy (D&D, Dungeon World), Urban Horror (Vampire the Masquerade/Requiem, Urban Shadows), Dark games (Warhammer 40k, Apocalypse World), Drama (Maid RPG, Monsterhearts), and many others. I may (may not) run an Apocalypse World game soon and Apocalypse World runs (and started) the PbtA Engine of rps which can be summed up as "Roll 2d6 and your Stat; get drama." It is rules light and narrative based more than anything else, the players get a lot of freedom with characters, and they even have a major say in the world their character ends up in. However it tends to be weird, for example I am playing what can be kindly titled a Drag Queen Texas Chainsaw Massacre star in my current Roll20 game of it. However if post-apocalyptic fun is up your alley and I get enough responses for Apocalypse World I'd be glad to have you in a game and teach you about rping in the tabletop manner.
That sounds really interesting and i would love to hear more about the world/character possibilities.... I love making characters then trying to get into the head of that person..... also i think High Fantasy but im not entirely sure D&D is the one i have seen/have some experience with and i do like the whole swords/sorcery, also really interested in games where your the outsider trying to change/fit in to society either you being from other place,having powers, etc.
I think you'd love the PbtA engine then. It is very character and player driven and has pretty much every genre in one way or another. You want good High Fantasy? Try Dungeon World. You want the original? Apocalypse World. You like Buffy the Vampire Slayer? Monsterhearts. Cyberpunk? The Sprawl. It supports quite a lot. Currently I am looking to start an Apocalypse World campaign and if you'd like to connect via Skype and talk about expectations and me as an MC (master of ceremonies), please contact me on Skype at pimpsploitation.