Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Play sound in macro?

Is there no way to play a sound from a macro? I've been scouring the forums and documentation, and several people say access to the API is needed (which I have) and I found a couple of scripts, but none of them work for me. Yes, my volume is up — the sounds play, just not when triggered by the script I was using "!play soundname" but it's not working. Specifically, I wanted to use it in a normal token macro for a weapon attack. Like this: /emas @{selected|token_name} shoots at @{target|token_name}! /roll {1d20}<?{Modified skill level|@{bow}} {{damage=[[3d6-@{target|Armor}]]}} !play Bow Any help is much appreciated! 
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
I recently (within the last monthish) released my comprehensive  Roll20 Audio Master script. It plays tracks, allows you to define playlists (can't play jukebox playlists, although I recently read some documentation that makes me think  it can with some new coding), play those custom defined playlists, and modify master or per track volume.
Thanks, Scott! Got it working already. Great Christmas present!

Edited 1482640833
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Feel free to post any questions, comments, or problems in that forum thread. happy rolling, and Merry Christmas, Scott