Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Pitching a Bronze Age Pathfinder Game

Kicking around a campaign idea and wanted to gage player interest/get a little feedback before sinking a large chunk of dev time into it so tell me what you think. The game setting up would be a late bronze/early iron age pathfinder game where in the players are part of a Celtic-esk tribe of humans (could be orc or some other tribal race instead but I’m leaning human). Classes, starting gear, and the like would be restricted down to reflect this; Shaman, Witches, Barbarians and the like over Clerics, Cavilers, Wizards etc. leather armor and the bow would be the height of technology for the game so alchemists and gunslinger are on the bench for this one along with some of the more complex weapons like fire arms and crossbows. Without untold thousands of years of mages cracking out magical items magical items aren’t waiting in chests for the party to pick up, instead I was thinking something along the line of enchanted woad tattoos or ceremonial scaring. Letting the characters “buy” magic items as they earn exp, having enchantments placed directly on themselves possibly augmented with the odd item here or there. Story themes would be akin to those found in dark fantasy, the party (and their tribe) vs. a large and scary world. I’d be intentionally breaking from standard pathfinder worlds and world themes meaning apart from a few legends passed down in the tribe characters would truly not know what waited for them out in the world at large. It would be my intention that elves, dwarves and the other civilized races wouldn’t make appearance in this game, enemies would be more along the lines of beasts, giants, and other primeval forces (hey a campaign that isn’t filled with golems and undead!). Basically playing in an age before there where many demi-humans or complex civilization, before the ancient profiles, dark lords, and dungeons of other games got going. I realize it’s a bit of a niche game and I’m alienating a lot of the power fantasy gamers so just wanted to test the waters a bit that there would be player for this if I flesh it out.
I'd be interested. Sounds like a rich and engaging world. I'm not big on tech in fantasy games, so this is right up my alley. My only issue is due to work and kiddos I'd have to game late in he evening (typically about 10PM EST). If that is workable for you let me know, and I'll send a full bio about me as well as general character concepts (which can be adapted to the campaign once details are provided).