Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Identifying Attribute labels in emotes

Tom
Pro
Sheet Author
So I'm working on dice macros for 7th Sea.  Pretty simple: Skill+Trait and done.  But here's the tricky part.  I'd like to identify the Skill and Trait rolled in an emote prior to the roll.  In other words, instead of just the roll results, I want to include something along the lines of... /em rolls [Skill]+[Trait]. Now, assuming one of these is always fixed, how can I get it to identify the second?  @{trait} will typically identify the number, not the label.  So is there an easy way to do this? And no, I'm trying not to use a roll template.  

Edited 1484080269
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Here's one way to handle this: /em rolls [Skill1] (@{skill1}) + ?{Trait|Trait1, [Trait1] (@{trait1})|Trait2, [Trait2] (@{trait2})|etc.} /r [Skill1] (@{skill1})d10!! + ?{Trait}d10!!