Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[Bug] API Firebase issue

I'm not sure if it's when the Dev server gets rebooted, but every few days my scripts die. I go into the API and get a huge Firebase warning. Hit save and it spins back up normally. First few lines. FIREBASE WARNING: on() or once() for /stg-campaign-29696-XUWw2drtpWR5emOSpDmS7w/graphics/page/-J74QZd4elYjt6pPfF1z failed: permission_denied FIREBASE WARNING: on() or once() for /stg-campaign-29696-XUWw2drtpWR5emOSpDmS7w/paths/page/-J7Vjn1tP9FtDxWQw_cj failed: permission_denied FIREBASE WARNING: on() or once() for /stg-campaign-29696-XUWw2drtpWR5emOSpDmS7w/rollabletables failed: permission_denied FIREBASE WARNING: on() or once() for /stg-campaign-29696-XUWw2drtpWR5emOSpDmS7w/macros/player/-J6COXcoN2Nl5OnoIj1O failed: permission_denied
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Same happens to me.
Gauss
Forum Champion
Moved to the API forum - Gauss
Are you leaving a game window open for days at a time (e.g. there is an active campaign for that long)? Or is this "I play on Monday for 4 hours, close my game down, and then go back Wed. and there's an error"? What should happen is the sandbox shuts down when no one is in your campaign, and then boots back up when you load it back up. It's only authorized to run for up to 24 hours though. So I'm wondering if you're running up against this limit or if something else is going on.
I have had this happen where I log in after a week and have to re-start the sandbox.

Edited 1384018143
that's the issue riley. I've been leaving it up or one of my players has.
I leave my game open all of the time, namely because I want players to be able to get on and work on any assets, work with their macros, or consume journal entries, etc... I think that it enhances the game. So I routinely shut it down and restart it each morning.
Players can log in at any time whether you have it open or not.
Ahhhh another thing I did not know! Thanks HoneyBadger!