Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Is there a way to allow Players to draw up a map?

So, I have started to make more complex and longer dungeons at the behest of my players, and I am more then happy to do so as Map design is one joy of mine. However, with the introduction of a Cartographers guild and the player's not having the best memory, they find it a bit hard to keep track of where they have been or are going. So, is there a way to allow the players to draw a map with the freehand tools in something like a Journal or Handout? If there isn't, is there any websites or software other GM's use or suggest to do this? It needs to be able to allow all people viewing it to edit it and view it, preferably in real-time or on a save. Thanks in advance, couldn't find anything regarding this throguh the search function, so sorry if it's been asked before.
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
The built in solutions I might suggest: 1) Provide a space on the Map layer .  Add more size to your map that is completely blank (or perhaps with a trendy parchment style ala  Old World Style by Russ Hapke).  Block it off with Dynamic Lighting and add a nice bright light source that will illuminate it for everyone (add all to the control of the token).  Players can then draw their own version of the map they are seeing on that parchment space. 2) The same thing, but in a different game with all the players as promoted GMs .  They (or the ones interested) can be logged into that game as well and setup/draw whatever maps they want, switching freely and viewing, annotating as they like.