Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

How to macro for a group of Savage Worlds Extras?

If I have a group of six Extras in a Savage Worlds game attacking one opponent, face to face I would just pick up six dice matching their Fighting, say d8 in this case, and roll them all at once, add in any modifiers, such as Gang-Up bonus, and/or Wild Attack, and determine which are hits. In Roll20, so far the only way I've figured out how to do this is just roll 6d8 and look at the individual dice rolls displayed. It works, but is clunky. What I'd like to have is a macro where I could enter the number of extras, their die type for the roll, and any modifiers to the roll, then the macro would return the result of each individual die roll adjusted for acing and modifiers, without adding together the result. I've not been able to figure out how to set up such a macro, and so was wondering if anyone has any advice, assuming such is even possible. Thanks in advance for any help provided.
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
There's not an easy way to do this, but what is your max Extra count that you are likely to throw at someone?
I had the  same issue , which came with 3 (inelegant) solutions: Super large macro (first post by Silvyre) using a drop-down query Fancier version that counts successes, but still adds up all the dice for the mooks (instead of keeping them separate) PowerCards API script (requires subscription to roll20)
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Yeah, I was going to go down the option 1 path...  I've been giving some thought to how I might be able to modify the character sheet to accomodate this type of functionality, just haven't had time to experiment with it lately...
Thanks guys, I'll take a look at that other thread and see if I can get an option to work for me.
Silvyre
Forum Champion
I personally recommend the PowerCards solution, i.e. !power --name|Mooks --Mook#?{How many mooks?|1}|[[?{Roll|d4!}]]