Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Did someone alter the Mongoose Traveller character sheet?

We're in the middle of a campaign and suddenly every character sheet has been altered.  Lots of skills have been lost, such as Computer skill, comms, Sensors.  All of which were critical in the campaign as we have hackers and pirates.  None of the players are certain what skills and at what level they lost them at.  So now we have to fudge it.  Would have been nice to have a little advanced warning.
Check the github repository for that character sheet. You should be able to copy/paste the css and html into your campaign settings page and get the old version back if it has changed. Your attributes should still be there as well once you do this.
Note that the game's creator needs to have an active Pro-level subscription to load a custom character sheet for their game.

Edited 1484709306
Fabian D.
Sheet Author
The sheet was updated from 1st Edition to 2nd Edition. Your old skills are still under the "Attributes&Abilities" Tab and you can add them back in at the bottom with the Add/Modify Buttons. You could also use a skill conversion chart such as this one:&nbsp; <a href="http://forum.mongoosepublishing.com/viewtopic.php" rel="nofollow">http://forum.mongoosepublishing.com/viewtopic.php</a>?... and roll with 2E.
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Would it make sense to fork branch the sheet in the repo and have a Mongoose Traveller (1e) sheet?
Maybe. The thing is, anyone starting 1E can use the 2E sheet just fine, it has extra stuff and all the stuff that was removed can be added back in with the Add Buttons. The only problem is already running sessions.
Right, so I wrote the first sheet, and got busy. &nbsp;Fabian asked to make some changes, which I did not personally oversee. &nbsp;In retrospect, I should have looked. &nbsp; So, I have a copy of the original code, and I will upload it as a First Edition sheet, and this will be the second edition. &nbsp;If the Dev's don't mind. Scott C., in the mean time, I can only offer to host a game with the original code. &nbsp;Or, if you want, buy you a month subscription to Pro so you can host the game in your curent campaign with the old code.

Edited 1484762685
Fabian D.
Sheet Author
You may want to copy over some of the improvements though. Such as auto calculated modifiers, output to a template etc. Another Idea may be &nbsp;to have a tab for 1E skills and one for 2E skills. Also I did ask you to look at the changes several days in advance.
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Coal Powered Puppet said: So, I have a copy of the original code, and I will upload it as a First Edition sheet, and this will be the second edition. &nbsp;If the Dev's don't mind. Pull request splitting the sheets:&nbsp; <a href="https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-character-sheets/" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-character-sheets/</a>...
Can't use the 2E sheet just fine because at the bottom, it doesn't work.&nbsp; Try adding more than one skill there and you will see what I mean.&nbsp; The Skill Level function doesn't work right.
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Once that pull request is merged, your game should be back to how it was. &nbsp;The 2e sheet will continue under a different name.
Coal Powered Puppet said: Right, so I wrote the first sheet, and got busy. &nbsp;Fabian asked to make some changes, which I did not personally oversee. &nbsp;In retrospect, I should have looked. &nbsp; So, I have a copy of the original code, and I will upload it as a First Edition sheet, and this will be the second edition. &nbsp;If the Dev's don't mind. Scott C., in the mean time, I can only offer to host a game with the original code. &nbsp;Or, if you want, buy you a month subscription to Pro so you can host the game in your curent campaign with the old code. Thank you for your kind offer to host, but it would take days to recreate all the maps and everything that has gone into this campaign.&nbsp; We will get by.&nbsp; Would be nice if when a new edition of a game comes out it doesn't wipe out older editions.&nbsp; Not a fan of the second edition of Mongoose Traveller.
The Aaron said: Once that pull request is merged, your game should be back to how it was. &nbsp;The 2e sheet will continue under a different name. Awesome!&nbsp; Thanks guys.

Edited 1484760513
Fabian D.
Sheet Author
So now we have 4 pull requests on github, all of which are in conflict to one another. I'd be happy to invite the eager people to my fork (which is the earliest pull) so we can work together instead of in conflict. As long as we can agree not to backtrack features. 1E can use the auto attribute calculation, template formatted output, a skill training section and working "Other Skills" section just as well as 2E. Scott C. said: Can't use the 2E sheet just fine because at the bottom, it doesn't work.&nbsp; Try adding more than one skill there and you will see what I mean.&nbsp; The Skill Level function doesn't work right. That is a problem that always existed, which I fixed for next merge.
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
New features are great, but if they break existing games with no warning, they can be a problem. &nbsp;Splitting the sheets into a 1e version for existing users and a 2e version they and others can upgrade to may not be the ideal solution, but it is a solution that doesn't break anyone's fun. &nbsp;At a later point, they could be merged back together if it could be done without breaking anyone.

Edited 1484761809
Fabian D.
Sheet Author
That is not at all what I'm saying. I'm saying, that the convenience features that have nothing to do with 2E that don't break 1E should be on 1E too. As for merging together, one could simply have a 1E and a 2E Skills Tab, if we want to go that route.
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Sure. &nbsp;Either of those would be fine once people's games are working again.&nbsp;

Edited 1484776967
Fabian D.
Sheet Author
Well the 1E sheet is now back, more or less. Some Problems with it: <a href="https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-character-sheets/" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-character-sheets/</a>... And 2E also got screwed, so this should still go in: <a href="https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-character-sheets/pull/2193" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-character-sheets/pull/2193</a> If there was any communication whatsoever, I could have for example prepared a pull request that does everything how it's wanted. But that didn't happen.&nbsp;
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
To be clear, are these problems that existed before your changes to the sheet? &nbsp;(I.E.: in Coal Powered Puppet's most recent changes.)
They're problems that I found while working on it, so yes the bugs existed before. The lower list is improvements I made that got reverted when putting in the backup.
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Ok, great!&nbsp; @Scott C.-- The sheet should be back to working as expected. &nbsp; @Fabian D. -- I suggest you start applying your patches to the 2E copy, which should be in the state of your last accepted check-in. &nbsp;If you are willing to send some pull requests with non-breaking changes to the 1E sheet, I'm sure it's user base would appreciate it. &nbsp;Work with Coal Powered Puppet on that. &nbsp;Thank you! Since the original topic of this thread is now solved, I'm going to close it. &nbsp;Please take discussion of modifying the two character sheets to the Character Sheets and Compendium forum. Thank you everyone for your help!