Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

5E OGL NPC Saving Throw Macro Drop Down

Hey all, thought I would introduce myself as a new Roll20 member and loving what I am seeing. I have read many a forum posts and watched a lot of video tutorials on how to set up macros so would like to thank the great members of this community and share a macro I just finished. Snipets for the drop down were taken taken from other forums posts (Wes and Silvyre), so I do not take credit for anything but this. This macro will correctly pull the right modifier for saving throws for NPCs using the 5E OGL character sheet that may or may not have a proficient bonus added to their modifier. I did try searching the forums for something like this but the examples I looked at did not get what I was looking for. (Blank fields are a really annoying btw). STR:[[ 1d20 + {(0+0@{selected|npcd_str_save}) , (0+@{selected|npcd_str_mod})}kh1 ]] DEX:[[ 1d20 + {(0+0@{selected|npcd_dex_save}) , (0+@{selected|npcd_dex_mod})}kh1 ]] CON:[[ 1d20 + {(0+0@{selected|npcd_con_save}) , (0+@{selected|npcd_con_mod})}kh1 ]] INT:[[ 1d20 + {(0+0@{selected|npcd_int_save}) , (0+@{selected|npcd_int_mod})}kh1 ]] WIS:[[ 1d20 + {(0+0@{selected|npcd_wis_save}) , (0+@{selected|npcd_wis_mod})}kh1 ]] CHA:[[ 1d20 + {(0+0@{selected|npcd_cha_save}) , (0+@{selected|npcd_cha_mod})}kh1 ]] That was the easy part. The hard part was understanding how to get his into a drop down table, so I will post the code for anyone that wants to use this without having to re-invent the wheel. Just put everything on one line and you are good to go. This code will allow you to choose either an ability check or an ability saving throw (similar to the skill ability ones created by the afor mentioned members). &{template:simple} ?{Ability |Strength,{{rname=Strength Modifier}} {{mod=[[[[@{selected|npcd_str_mod}]] [Strength Modifier]]]}}  {{r1=[[1d20+[[@{selected|npcd_str_mod}]] [Strength Modifier]]]}} {{always=1}}  {{r2=[[1d20+[[@{selected|npcd_str_mod}]] [Strength Modifier]]]}} |Strength Save,{{rname=Strength Save}} {{mod=[[[[{(0+0@{selected|npcd_str_save}) , (0+@{selected|npcd_str_mod})}kh1]] ]]}}  {{r1=[[1d20+[[{(0+0@{selected|npcd_str_save}) , (0+@{selected|npcd_str_mod})}kh1]] ]]}} {{always=1}}  {{r2=[[1d20+[[{(0+0@{selected|npcd_str_save}) , (0+@{selected|npcd_str_mod})}kh1]] ]]}} |Dexterity,{{rname=Dexterity Modifier}} {{mod=[[[[@{selected|npcd_dex_mod}]] [Dexterity Modifier]]]}}  {{r1=[[1d20+[[@{selected|npcd_dex_mod}]] [Dexterity Modifier]]]}} {{always=1}}  {{r2=[[1d20+[[@{selected|npcd_dex_mod}]] [Dexterity Modifier]]]}} |Dexterity Save,{{rname=Dexterity Save}} {{mod=[[[[{(0+0@{selected|npcd_dex_save}) , (0+@{selected|npcd_dex_mod})}kh1]] ]]}}  {{r1=[[1d20+[[{(0+0@{selected|npcd_dex_save}) , (0+@{selected|npcd_dex_mod})}kh1]] ]]}} {{always=1}}  {{r2=[[1d20+[[{(0+0@{selected|npcd_dex_save}) , (0+@{selected|npcd_dex_mod})}kh1]] ]]}} |Constitution,{{rname=Constitution Modifier}} {{mod=[[[[@{selected|npcd_con_mod}]] [Constitution Modifier]]]}}  {{r1=[[1d20+[[@{selected|npcd_con_mod}]] [Constitution Modifier]]]}} {{always=1}}  {{r2=[[1d20+[[@{selected|npcd_con_mod}]] [Constitution Modifier]]]}} |Constitution Save,{{rname=Constitution Save}} {{mod=[[[[{(0+0@{selected|npcd_con_save}) , (0+@{selected|npcd_con_mod})}kh1]] ]]}}  {{r1=[[1d20+[[{(0+0@{selected|npcd_con_save}) , (0+@{selected|npcd_con_mod})}kh1]] ]]}} {{always=1}}  {{r2=[[1d20+[[{(0+0@{selected|npcd_con_save}) , (0+@{selected|npcd_con_mod})}kh1]] ]]}} |Intelligence,{{rname=Intelligence Modifier}} {{mod=[[[[@{selected|npcd_int_mod}]] [Intelligence Modifier]]]}}  {{r1=[[1d20+[[@{selected|npcd_int_mod}]] [Intelligence Modifier]]]}} {{always=1}}  {{r2=[[1d20+[[@{selected|npcd_int_mod}]] [Intelligence Modifier]]]}} |Intelligence Save,{{rname=Intelligence Save}} {{mod=[[[[{(0+0@{selected|npcd_int_save}) , (0+@{selected|npcd_int_mod})}kh1]] ]]}}  {{r1=[[1d20+[[{(0+0@{selected|npcd_int_save}) , (0+@{selected|npcd_int_mod})}kh1]] ]]}} {{always=1}}  {{r2=[[1d20+[[{(0+0@{selected|npcd_int_save}) , (0+@{selected|npcd_int_mod})}kh1]] ]]}} |Wisdom,{{rname=Wisdom Modifier}} {{mod=[[[[@{selected|npcd_wis_mod}]] [Wisdom Modifier]]]}}  {{r1=[[1d20+[[@{selected|npcd_wis_mod}]] [Wisdom Modifier]]]}} {{always=1}}  {{r2=[[1d20+[[@{selected|npcd_wis_mod}]] [Wisdom Modifier]]]}} |Wisdom Save,{{rname=Wisdom Save}} {{mod=[[[[{(0+0@{selected|npcd_wis_save}) , (0+@{selected|npcd_wis_mod})}kh1]] ]]}}  {{r1=[[1d20+[[{(0+0@{selected|npcd_wis_save}) , (0+@{selected|npcd_wis_mod})}kh1]] ]]}} {{always=1}}  {{r2=[[1d20+[[{(0+0@{selected|npcd_wis_save}) , (0+@{selected|npcd_wis_mod})}kh1]] ]]}} |Charisma,{{rname=Charisma Modifier}} {{mod=[[[[@{selected|npcd_cha_mod}]] [Charisma Modifier]]]}}  {{r1=[[1d20+[[@{selected|npcd_cha_mod}]] [Charisma Modifier]]]}} {{always=1}}  {{r2=[[1d20+[[@{selected|npcd_cha_mod}]] [Charisma Modifier]]]}} |Charisma Save,{{rname=Charisma Save}} {{mod=[[[[{(0+0@{selected|npcd_cha_save}) , (0+@{selected|npcd_cha_mod})}kh1]] ]]}}  {{r1=[[1d20+[[{(0+0@{selected|npcd_cha_save}) , (0+@{selected|npcd_cha_mod})}kh1]] ]]}} {{always=1}}  {{r2=[[1d20+[[{(0+0@{selected|npcd_cha_save}) , (0+@{selected|npcd_cha_mod})}kh1]] ]]}} } @{selected|charname_output}
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Great! Thanks for sharing!