Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[LFP] Danganronpa/Zero-Escape Murder-Mystery [Sun 5 PM PST]

Edited 1487248227
Baron Von Cross
Sheet Author
Hello, currently I’m need need of players for my 2nd iteration of my murder-mystery game after a successful conclusion of the 1st round during last week. The game is more rp-focused & is primarily done with a wide diverse range of talented characters so its entirely player driven. They’re the ones who do the killing & investigating. The moment they fail to capture the murderer is the moment the group forfeits their lives. Lose or win, the point of the game is to have fun with the characters while they’re forced to endure a very difficult situation. <a href="https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zero_Time_Dilemma" rel="nofollow">https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zero_Time_Dilemma</a> <a href="https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Danganronpa" rel="nofollow">https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Danganronpa</a> The game is going to be inspired by both Danganronpa & Zero Escape, so while it’s not essential that you’ve played the games, it helps if you have some basic familiarity with the setting. But essentially it breaks down to enduring the everyday life of being trapped… then a murder occurs which leads to an investigation to get as close to the truth as the group can… Then a trial begins. *samples from last game. What I’m looking for: Motivated players (shallow characters that don’t interact are no fun) Good Role-players Good losers (People kill & get killed, no point in getting upset) Reliable & honest What I’m not looking for: Non-committal players Unstable scheduling (If you want to play, please only join if you’re SURE you are free for this time) Power-gaming, meta-gaming, snowflaking, min-maxing, etc. Some things to know: Start Date: 2-26-2017 I use a homebrewed system & character sheet for this based off the roll20 M&M 3e Sheet Each player gets 2 characters. I will be utilizing dynamic lighting as well as a few API scripts. There will be at least 8 players to a max of 10. We will be using discord for voice communications. IC is done in roll20 chat while OOC is discord voice. I definitely do NOT mind new players as long as they able to role-play successfully enough to make the game a more interesting experience, some of the players from the last round were entirely new players to roll20. If you’re interested, please post the following information below & PM me your skype contact so I may do a short interview as well. I'll be more than happy to answer any questions about the last game, the group, or how this current round will run. Age: Little about yourself: Familiarity with Danganronpa and/or Zero Escape: What kind of player you see yourself as: Why you want to play in this campaign: Any questions for the GM:
Still looking
^
Age: 19 Little about me: I'm a full-time college student, but I don't work on top of that, so I've got plenty of free time. I like video games, reading, socializing, casual debates (I enjoy talking about philosophy and a limited dose of politics), and science. I've been role-playing with various people and games for about 6 years, and I very much enjoy story/character heavy games. I'm not great at voicing characters, but I like to think that I'm good at designing them and playing them to their personality. Familiarity with the games: Oh boy, I new about both of these series and had them on my steam wishlist, but never got around to buying them because I want to pick them up on sale. After a friend mentioned the Danganronpa anime last weekend, I watched a couple episodes, but heard from comments on them that the game is much better. I started to watch a playthrough of the game with my girlfriend, and we were hooked. We finished it in about 3 and a half days (viewing it at 1.5x speed). My only complaint about the game was the classic anime tendency to re-explain ("In other words") every important detail of a case or plot. I understand why they do it, so I overlooked it because the rest of the game is gold. Another friend explained the concept of Zero Time Dilemma to me, and I found that to be intriguing, too. Needless to say, I've been addicted to Danganronpa for the past week now, and I mentioned briefly on Reddit that I was also working on a Roll20 system for this. I'm very excited to join this campaign! What kind of player I am: I see myself as the type of player that puts fun above everything else. To be specific to this campaign, even if I think my character is smart enough not to leave a trail when they've killed someone, I'm not going to tie up every loose end to "win," because that's just no fun. The joy is in the investigation, the interaction between characters, and the mystery behind the plot, not "winning." I'm here to have fun and make sure everyone else has fun. I want to design my characters to be unique and interesting, I don't like cheesy strats or min-maxing. Why I want to play: I answered this to an extent already, but I'm hooked on Danganronpa. Originally I planned to make a Roll20 version of it so I could share the experience with my D&D friends and build a cool murder mystery story, but seeing another system already working makes me want to jump straight into the story myself. I love the premise, the moral dilemmas, the lessons of the motivations/themes, etc. The entire game was right up my alley, exercising my brain in all of my favorite ways. Questions for the GM: Will there be any spoilers from the sequels (games or anime)? I haven't played the second game yet (likely buying it and starting it today), nor have I watched any of the anime past the first season. I just want to be sure I won't ruin anything for myself, because I still don't have solid answers about the background plot. Also, do you have a way to limit communication to people in the same room? I was trying to look into that for my own experimentation, but I haven't had much time to figure that out. I would think it's very important for conversations between characters in a room to be secret, but simply whispering is limited to 2 people, isn't it? Anyway, that's the only real concern I had when formulating my own system, so that's the only question I have regarding yours as well.
@John D. Sent you a join link for the old game so you can check out the old chat logs. I'll remove you in a few days. @Outlier, thank you for your interest. The plots I run try to use the theme more than the backstory itself & I can just let everyone know not to mention the 2nd game. As for limiting conversation, I only set up a quick skype conversation with people in there, only if the conversation is important enough to be private. Hope this answers most of your questions, I'll speak to you further on skype. &nbsp;
Age: 25 Little about yourself: Currently unemployed but was a teacher in England for 3 years. I run a youtube channel called cuchallain on which I do anime reviews, let's plays and live events. My first introduction to tabletop role-playing was through the twitch show critical role but thanks to my elder brother being a master of these things I have quickly learned how to use roll 20 and the 5e system. Over the last year, me and a small group of friends have completed the lost mines of the phandelver and started a curse of Strahd campaign. Familiarity with Danganronpa and/or Zero Escape: Danganronpa I know backwards and forwards. I've played all the games currently out in the West, watched the danganronpa 3 anime while reviewing it on my channel and read danganronpa Zero and up to the current chapter of killer killer. Zero escape on the other hand I only know tiny bits of as I will be playing the trilogy once the nonary games drop on steam in just over a month. What kind of player you see yourself as: In my group I've always been the person who plays his character to it's full extent. My first character was a chaotic neutral tiefling who played so many pranks he literally had to escape a village that wanted him dead. I quickly realized I had screwed up by making my character so wild and outlandish but played him as he would act until that moment when he ran away and abandoned the party then re-rolled as a more stable character. Similarly I like to build interesting characters that have believable faults and traits that they stick to. For me it's all about the emotional development of the character through the story. My characters' stats are only reflective of their personality and history and I have them use what they're good with to full advantage. I am a good sport with winning/losing and living/dying as to me these are all parts of the character's story as well. Why you want to play in this campaign: I love Danganronpa and I love roleplaying. The idea of combining the two and getting to play a unique killing game story ad GM'd by someone who knows the games so well and has experience with a previous game on roll 20 would be fantastic. The one thing I'd always wished was possible in the danganronpa series itself is that you could be the killer yourself or if nothing else could vote wrong and see how that affects the story going onwards rather than just always playing the good guy using pure evidence. V3 seems to be helping with that idea though still linear rather than open and flowing. If I'm honest part of the reason that I'd love to play is I was wondering if you would let me stream this experience live on a secondary youtube channel. If you'd prefer this to be your own experience though, of course I would understand. Any questions for the GM: Just the question above, essentially. Would it be alright for you if I streamed the roll 20 experience on my youtube channel. I doubt it would draw too many people into viewing it every week as it's quite late for the large part of my audience from Europe but at the same time I have a pretty devout danganronpa audience who may be interested in viewing the story as it goes on, as I am. I've sent you my skype in a private message as instructed and hope to hear back from you soon.

Edited 1487626210
Age: &nbsp;17 Little about yourself: &nbsp;I'm a senior taking some community college courses, and spend my free time being the Forever GM of the group, one year running. It's done with a homebrewed system for JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, though I plan on making major revisions to it soon. I have an interest in philosophy and psychology, and am eager to improve at what I do. Familiarity with Danganronpa and/or Zero Escape: &nbsp;I've played both Danganronpa games, and watched Danganronpa 3, but haven't gone into the novels or Another Episode. My Zero Escape knowledge is non-existent at the moment, but I've made arrangements. I ordered a DS flash cart online, to be loaded with a rom of 9-9-9. What kind of player you see yourself as: &nbsp;Likes narrative, loves open-ended cleverness. Probably the likeliest to make a Byakuya/Nagito type rival character. The appeals for me on the player side of the table are expression and development. I despise loose cannons and power-focused mindsets. That said, I'm a sucker for the more roleplay-heavy, peaceful forms of competition and confrontation. Why you want to play in this campaign: By seeing other GM's methods first-hand, I can take aspects of that for my own technique. Creating a fair mystery is one of my weakest suits, I'd been thiinking about Danganronpa tabletop, and I came here. I also believe the premise to be entertaining in and of itself, creating theories and the very real risk of failure. Any questions for the GM: I can't use VC in Discord, and communicate purely through text. Let me know if this is a deal-breaker. What are your standards for character creation? Can I get a link to the maps you use and the software used to make them, assuming they wouldn't be spoilers? How long do you expect the game to last? Can we see specifics to the system you plan to use?
@Ciaran Sent you a contact request. I had somewhat of a similar idea but I'd want to see what you have in mind & inquire more about what you had in mind first. @Gibus While I would strongly prefer VC communication, I won't automatically disallow it but the game is rougher for those doing only text. As for map creation, I *would* share the image but I can't I use roll20's map assets to assemble a map straight into the game that can't be pulled out except by screenshots. I can't share the full document yet because aside from Character Creation the rules are WIP but I can explain the basics. You start with 45 Character Creation Points. Costs 2 points to raise 1 of 6 attributes up by 1 Costs 1 point to raise a skill up by 1 Various traits give or take various points Pain is representative of how much damage you've taken, it is 1d6! for each point. Formula for rolling is AttributeD6+SkillD4-PainD6! This is the simplest way to explain the basis of it thusfar, the sheet does the calculation so its not as tedious as it sounds.
Are there limits to how high a stat or skill can be raised? What's Voice Of Despair/Voice Of Hope? Are the three blank skills for us to fill in? Are talents represented by mechanics?
Attributes can be a max of 9, skills a max of 6. Voice of Hope/Despair is to try to cause or lower stress in others. The expertise slots are for traits or ultimate talents, they represent things that the layman would not know so they aren't automatic skills. Each character gets a special rule for their ultimate talents.
Age: 18 Little about yourself: I'm a freshman in an engineering college. I'm currently studying aerospace and am only doing the basic classes right now, so my schedule's pretty decent. I have a few friends that I'm currently hosting a roleplay for on another website, but besides that I find myself with plenty of time, excluding Wednesday through Friday. I've RPed in plenty of Danganronpa-styled roleplays on sites like Fanfiction.net, but I've never been able to participate in an experience like this one; I'm just hoping to have fun and contribute some good characters to the story! Familiarity with Danganronpa and/or Zero Escape: I'm obsessed with Danganronpa to the point that I watched a translator stream NDRv3, and. Well. I decided I'd make my avatar something that showed you how much I love Zero Escape. I'm very good at speaking without letting spoilers slip, and because of that, I've inducted plenty of my friends into DR and ZE without ruining anything for them. I'm pretty proud of that. What kind of player you see yourself as: &nbsp;I'm someone with a life that revolves around numbers. Because of that, I'm the type of player who constantly darts his eyes to numbers, and will constantly refer to attributes and skill values whenever I refer to certain aspects of my character. While I love writing my character, numbers mean a bit more to me, so I can sometimes get carried away with saying "X has several points of natural perception, so he may have noticed Y's sleight of hand" instead of writing "X has learned, through their life, all about how people try to hide things. They've noticed how people tick, how they slowly crack when trying to lie in front of a friend... So they might have noticed Y trying to hide something from them.". But whenever I forget about numbers, I tend to be the type of player who can try too hard with his characters, but I have a lot of fun with each and every one of them. Why you want to play in this campaign: I'm wrapping up an RP that I'm hosting for my friends soon, and with that sorted, I'm looking for something new and outlandish that can push me to step out of my comfort zone and try to have fun in an environment I've never been in before. I think that being a player in this game will not only be a fun experience, but it could help me grow as a person, too. Or, y'know, I could just act like a dork the whole session, have fun, and learn zero life lessons. I'd be cool with that, too, to be honest. Any questions for the GM: Do you have an exact schedule beyond the start date, or do you plan to get that sorted whenever you have all of your players together? I'm a bit of a schedule nerd and I'd find it nice to know what times we're going to be playing at so I can move certain goals, study times, and RP sessions around.
@Tip. The start time will remain between 5-6 consistently, depending on the players I will pick a single start time within that period.
Age: 21 Little about yourself: I'm a film major in my last semester of college who has an interest in making animated shows. I got into RPGs from my friends at school during my freshman year and have run a oneshot and am wrapping up a home-brew RWBY game. One of my favorite things about RPGs is the roleplaying aspect, I find it a lot of fun. I also like mystery novels. Familiarity with Danganronpa and/or Zero Escape: No nothing about Zero Escape but know a lot about Danganronpa. Watched the anime, checked out the games, watched the finale anime, and am currently waiting for the new game to be dubbed and released in the States. Funnily enough me and my friends at school have talked about how awesome a Danganronpa RPG would be. What kind of player you see yourself as: I like making characters with depth to them and generally lean on the side of being good. Depending on the character I'll usually be someone to work with the party instead of against it. I do think a lot about how my character would react to certain situations and do my best to act accordingly. Why you want to play in this campaign: I love Danganronpa and since me and my friends have talked about how awesome an RPG of it would be makes me really interested and excited about how this game would be. Plus I just love the mystery genre. Any questions for the GM: How long do you plan on making the sessions? Since I'm on the east coast meaning for me the game starts at 8 and I have to be able to wake up for class the next day.

Edited 1487756884
Baron Von Cross
Sheet Author
@Jon S Preferably around 4 hours.
Age: 20 Little about yourself: I'm a college student majoring in sociology. I've had an interest in studies of humanity for the longest time, so I do enjoy the subjects taught within the program, even if I do disagree with some of the philosophies commonly found in the professors. I am a heavy thinker; I think about everything all the time. I enjoy philosophy, puzzles, mysteries, strategy games, etc. I love anime, and I love Danganronpa. I'm a roleplayer, too. Nice. I am relatively new to the tabletop gaming scene, but I am highly interested in it! I'm loving the experience I'm having in a Shadowrun group.&nbsp; Familiarity with Danganronpa and/or Zero Escape: I have watched playthroughs of both Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc and Super Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair. I've also watched the Danganronpa 3 anime. I've yet to indulge in Danganronpa V3, sadly, because I'm waiting for the English release. I'm a big fan of the Danganronpa series, to the point of being involved in the Danganronpa roleplaying community. Thus, not only am I familiar with Danganronpa, but Danganronpa roleplaying, too. I, however, do not know much about Zero Escape. What kind of player you see yourself as: I'm a fun-loving guy. You can expect me to have fun with things, cracking jokes often. At the same time, though, I do a lot of thinking about game mechanics and such, which leads to me taking game setup seriously. When roleplaying, I love to play level-headed, intelligent characters, though I am open to playing any type of character. I like to be creative, and so, my characters tend to have good depth as well a decent level of uniqueness. I enjoy all parts of RP, from fluffy interactions to the intense action. You can expect to be relatively well-rounded. Why you want to play in this campaign: I am very interested in Danganronpa as well as roleplaying. Additionally, I've recently gotten into tabletop gaming. Thus, this is absolutely perfect for me. Being involved in this group would give me something else to do during the week, which I've been looking for. As aforementioned, I am active in the Danganronpa roleplaying community, so I would like to experiment with and get ideas for OCs and murder plots. Plus, this just seems like it'd be a lot of fun. There are many reasons for me to want to join this campaign. Any questions for the GM: I don't have any questions that shouldn't be answered by the time the game starts (game mechanics, etc.).
@Legulus, Thanks for your interest, I've sent you a contact request on skype. @Everyone, still haven't had any replies back from some people so there are still a few spots left if anyone looking at this thread was unsure.
Age: 24 Little about yourself: I am a college student, and I enjoy horror, science fiction, and games. Familiarity with Danganronpa and/or Zero Escape: None, never even heard of it until now, to be honest What kind of player you see yourself as: Primarily focused on playing and roleplaying. I have taken the leader or "voice of reason" in two of my current campaigns. However, I like to both build my own character as well be handed a character I have to develop. I just really like character development and roleplaying, and can fulfill any role. I also prefer group cooperation but I can be competitive. Why you want to play in this campaign: I really like horror and think the storyline seems interesting Any questions for the GM: As someone not familiar with this series, is there anything I should bother to look into, or is it better to just be surprised?

Edited 1488097339
Baron Von Cross
Sheet Author
@Kiki Sent you a contact request on skype. I'll explain more on there. @Everyone else I've added a few of you on skype but some of you haven't replied yet. There are still 3 spots left. The start date has been delayed to March 5 since we only have 5 of 8 needed atm.
Is Skype mandatory for the interviews?

Edited 1488164906
Baron Von Cross
Sheet Author
Skype & discord are both needed for the game.
Age:20 Little about yourself: &nbsp;I am a college student. &nbsp;I am a movie and video game buff (particularly horror) and am relatively new to this sort of game. Familiarity with Danganronpa and/or Zero Escape: &nbsp;I am familiar with&nbsp;Danganronpa, but have never played it and have played Zero Time Dilemma. What kind of player you see yourself as: &nbsp;I do my best to contribute to the group experience. &nbsp;I goof off a little, but I know when to focus on the game and stop messing around. &nbsp; Why you want to play in this campaign: &nbsp;It was recommended to me by a friend and it seems right up my alley. &nbsp; Any questions for the GM: &nbsp;How would you suggest building my characters? &nbsp;I know we're each supposed to be geniuses in one form or another, but I don't know much beyond that. &nbsp;
Age 20 Little About myself: I am a college student (no current job) interested in natural sciences and writing. In reality, I spend (probably) too much time playing video games and watching anime. I like some good action and good drama. I do also have a heavy interest in philosophical thinking and psychology, since I tend to think too much. Familiarity with Danganronpa and/or Zero Escape: I understand the general principles and have seen part of the anime's first season, though I have no other experience. What kind of player do you see yourself as: I try to balance characterization/role play with actual planning and skill with a game. I don't know so much about this particular game (or this online setup in general) but it is my personality to take games fairly seriously. Fun is the priority tho. Why you want to play this game: I enjoy role playing and strategy/mind games, so this seems like the right game for me. Also, someone recommended the game to me. Any questions for the GM: I am very much a beginner to all this, so any general advice would be useful. I have some character ideas, but I don't know about the mechanics and system and such.
Ooh, this sounds great! I'm glad you extended the date, because I only just saw this thread. Age: 25 Little about yourself: I'm currently unemployed, I live in Michigan, and I consider myself an idealist. I have occasional struggles with understanding others, but I strive to be as empathetic as possible. Thankfully, that doesn't stop me from enjoying games about murder and despair and other unhappy things! Familiarity with Danganronpa and/or Zero Escape: I've actually never heard of Zero Escape before, but I have plenty of familiarity with the Danganronpa franchise. I have been a part of several DR RP groups on tumblr, using various OCs and participating in similar groups to this (without any RPG mechanics). What kind of player you see yourself as: My characters tend to start with one simple concept and develop from there. I suspect my characters won't steal the show, but they'll be memorable, and maybe even provide some levity in an otherwise despair-filled environment. ICly, I might be slightly disruptive to the investigations, but all in the name of fun. And of course, I won't cross any lines. Why you want to play in this campaign: I love DR-style RP, and I love RP in general. It's as simple as that! Any questions for the GM: If we plan on starting at 5 PST sharp, I might be slightly late on a regular basis. Is that okay?
@Lucas PM me your skype info @Freezus Sent you an invite I think, there were two people by your skype tag.
Age: 18 Little about yourself: I'm in between getting my diploma and other general milestones of life such as getting a job, earning my license, general grownup stuff to do. And since I'm in between these things, I've found myself with a ton of free time on my hands. I would say that I have at least median experience with tabletop RPG's and RP altogether. Familiarity with Danganronpa and/or Zero Escape:&nbsp; In respects to Danganronpa, I've seen playthroughs of the first game, so I feel greatly familiar with the subject material in that regard. As for Zero Escape, I haven't heard of it, nor have I seen or played it. Hopefully, the inexperience in that regard shouldn't hinder my enjoyment of this game. What kind of player you see yourself as: I would see myself as a fun-loving extroverted player that would have no problem getting absorbed into the atmosphere and palpable despair that comes with an IP such as Danganronpa. I promise not to be too much trouble, and to be very respectful towards my fellow players. Why you want to play in this campaign: I'm a big fan of Danganronpa and murder mysteries in general. That, and I could use some practice with my RP skills, and see how they compare to those of others. Any questions for the GM: &nbsp;Which concepts have already been taken by the other players, just so I don't step on any toes?
Whoops! Accidentally sent you my old skype name that got hacked. Had to change it a while back. I'll send you the right one.
@Treguard skype info please. @Everyone Should have enough players one way or another now. If anyone is still interested after this is closed, send me a PM letting me know & I'll let you know if there's room in a future round.
I apologize for my late message. Roll20 didn't notify me.
I'd be interested in joining as a drop-in drop-out spectator, if the player slots are all full. I'm mainly interested in seeing the concept in action.