Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Jittery Drawings

Flash
Pro
Sheet Author
Hi, A lot of the maps I make for my games are hand drawn in roll20 using either mouse of my graphics tablet. Recently I've noticed that they've become jittery and sometimes blocky as opposed to the smooth flash-like drawings they used to be. I bought a new mouse today because my old one might have been the problem, but there still seems to be some jitter in there and I was beginning to wonder if it was something other than the mouse. The reason I question this is that I've pulled up a game that I ran a few years ago to compare a simple tree with one I drew now, and below is the comparison - Old tree is right and new tree is left. Any help would be appreciated.
Gid
Roll20 Team
Flash, could you please carefully work through the first three steps of our guide to Solving Technical Issues ? Step 1: Make sure to use the right browser Please check if these issues persist when using both Chrome and Firefox. Step 2: Ensure that there are no extensions/addons interfering with Roll20 Please disable all add-ons/extensions and anti-virus programs. Step 3: Clear your cache If none of the above succeeds, please thoroughly work through Step 4 . (Don't forget the complete Console Log!) Another recommendation I would also make here is to check your mouse/stylus sensitivity and see if changing its settings affects drawings in Roll20. Your drawings jaggedness may be due to Roll20 adding more vertices to the lines you're drawing because it's picking up all of the minuscule tweaks and shakes of your hand as you draw a line if the sensitivity is set really high.