Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Player LFG Pathfinder or D&D 4e.

Edited 1384762876
Hey all, been on roll20 for a while now and been involved in a few games but I am always looking for a little more. Looking to join a new game that runs either on Thursday or Friday from 7pm EST or later is good with me. I am a bit of a newbie but have the basics under my belt. Love to play Pathfinder mostly but I have been interested in playing D&D 4e. or other games if you are up to teaching me. Hoping to either join a group that is either just about to begin or just started a game. I am also up to getting a group together so long as there is already a DM found. I would like to play with a mix bag of both guys and gals but I will play with a bunch of bros too. Not really looking to join any young groups where everyone is between 17-19, looking more for groups that are between 20-30 range. A little bit about myself. My real name is Jason, I am 29 years old, and I am fairly new to table top games but I have been doing online role playing for 15 years. I adore playing games like Elder Scrolls, Dragon Age, Fallout 3/Vegas, Warcraft, Diablo, and many other RPG games. I enjoy creating and playing as interesting and fun characters from the handsome pirate rogue to the big brutish hulking warrior. Mostly I like to try a class I have not played before in my other games and give them a whirl. I have a few character sheets I have created and are unused, but I usually create them from scratch any way when playing in a new game. They kind of games I like to join are those that combine both humor and seriousness, so long as people are having fun. To me I always envision when people want to play D&D or the sort, they imagine being like the Fellowship in the Lord of the Rings, but it ends up turning into Monty Python and the Holy Grail every now and then. I am alright with adult themes, after all this is an adult game, but I don't like when it goes too over board. *Bonus* I watch RollPlay on youtube, and I have been interested in doing recordings of my games or participating in an online weekly show where we play D&D or Pathfinder on Twitch on the weekend. If anyone has been interested in that as well, would be happy to participate in it. EDIT: My saturdays have been taken up, but still looking for a thursday or friday game!
I'm in pretty much the same boat here; I'm an older gamer who's been playing video games for ages, and who only got into tabletop RPGs recently. Only with me, it's the other way around: I've been playing 4e for about four or five months, and I've been hoping to give Pathfinder a try. I'm up for either one, though. (By the way, I haven't gotten around to trying D&D Next yet. I hear they took it in a more 3e/Pathfinder-ish direction. That could work too.) Thursday might or might not be okay, depending on whether my job feels like being problematic, but Friday and Saturday both work for me. So yeah, if you find a game and need another guy, I wouldn't mind joining in. (Also: RollPlay's pretty good, though I wish I'd known going in that the party would turn out to be a bunch of evil jerks. I got into RPGs via the Penny Arcade podcast, myself.)
I would be willing to play 4e. I have two characters rolled up with some background (Human Cleric and Halfling Rogue). 24 Here with plenty of experience at RPGs and have been playing 4e for a little bit. If you guys are able to get a party together I would love to play. Send me a PM if you want my Character Sheets and all that.
I too have an unused D&D 4e character that I rolled for a campaign that never took off. I have a Tiefling Ranger and his Sabbertooth cat. If you want to party up Jaden I am down, but still need a DM, lol.

Edited 1384622080
Oh, right, characters. I knew I forgot something. Whether we wind up doing 4e or Pathfinder, I was hoping to play a paladin. I've been playing loads of dark, gritty, morally ambiguous characters for the past few months, but I've never really given straight-up lawful goodness a try, and I could use a change of pace. (I guess I should apologize in advance to the party's potential rogue, in case we wind up arguing about stuff. I'm told that happens sometimes.)
Yes I am still willing to play and no worries Daniel, just really want to play. So that is 3 players just needing 1-2 players and a DM right?
Sounds about right--I think 4-5 characters per party usually works best. And yeah, I've been reading up lately on how to play a lawful good character without turning "lawful stupid," or constantly getting into fights with the rogue, or any of the other nonsense I hear paladin players stumble into. Here's hoping I can pull it off...
Not sure who I would roll this time. Already playing a Rogue, Barbarian, and a Ranger in 3 other games. Might roll a sorcerer or wizard this time around depending if we play Pathfinder or D&D 4e. as well as the campaign type. Wouldn't mind giving a Gunslinger a shot either.
If you don't mind playing, 4e that would rock. I wouldn't mind rolling up a pathfinder character, but really like this rogue I have. All up to the group's decision of course.
All depends on what the DM wants us to play really
If you are still looking for someone I am very interested in playing 4e but would be willing to try out Pathfinder. My only problem is that Thursday is the only day you mentioned that I would be able to participate. PM if you have room for a Thursday player.
I would like to DM for a 4e dnd group. I would be interested in meeting to talk about the game.
Sure, either Pathfinder or 4e is fine by me.
We could use skype, my skype ID is: tar.camino

Edited 1385174965
Me and the others have met and we need up to two or three additional players for a complete group. D&D 4e Level one Weekly, Fridays at 7:30 EST Most materials allowed, no themes, basic standard starting equipment. Starting a homebrew campaign Hoping to get an ongoing campaign going... Looking for additional players. PM or post here if interested.
For now we look full.
I am a GM running a 4E game every week on Mon & Sat from 8pm to 12am, I am in need of players I am in need of a controller but will allow what you want to play. <a href="https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/10308/h2-thunderspire-labyrinth" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/10308/h2-thunderspire-labyrinth</a>