Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[LFP] (Looking for Players) Exalted 3e - Biweekly Sundays @ 18:00 GMT

Edited 1501276452
Pinmissile
Sheet Author
API Scripter
SLOTS FILLED! NO LONGER RECRUITING! Divine Right - An Exalted 3e Campaign Hi there! My name is Ludvig, and I'm hosting an Exalted campaign called Divine Right. I've been RPing for over four years now, and this is the third campaign I've GMed. I've made a couple of character sheets here on Roll20, and I developed an easy API-less system used for rolling in the Exalted system. Me and my RP group are looking for more players to join us and our game, and we're hoping we can find a few here! About the campaign & System Divine Right is a campaign set in the Scavenger Lands, and is centered around a small group of Solar Exalted united under the ambition to make the world a better place. The major themes are that of the struggles of leadership, and what gives one the right to rule. Currently, the players are caught in the intrigues of the city-state Nathir, and are building their power to eventually take it over. As such, expect a steady ramp up in power and stakes, as the party is likely to instigate wars of liberation on neighboring nations. Exalted is a system that I like to best describe as weeaboo fight magic bullshit. Combat is highly cinematic and the stakes are crazy high, players are outright expected to do the ridiculously impossible. This goes doubly for Solar Exalted. I once thought I'd spice things up by throwing a small army of 50 bandits against two players, and they utterly destroyed it in two rounds. It's set in an "asian fantasy" world known as Creation where several forces of evil, chaos and general dickishness plot to destroy it. The party consists of Rayshwüf - a former Scarlet Empire general with ambitions to rule the world, Rukorek - the strongest man in the world who seeks to liberate all slaves, and Ocean - a natural performer and spymaster. The party is still at Essence 1, we've only had about four sessions done so far. New players would recieve the average XP gained thus far. We're a tight-knit group that have RPed for roughly three or four years now, and we want to be sure that we bring in people who will best mesh with us. If you're thinking of joining, please keep this in mind: We use Skype for every game, so it's essential that you own a good (enough) microphone and can speak English fluently We play on every other Sunday from around 18:00 GMT, it's important that you consistently make those times. If you occasionally can't make it, it's even more important that you tell us. A player that suddenly doesn't show risks ruining the evening for the rest of the group. We're fine with bringing in people with no prior experience with Exalted 3e, we're relatively new at this system too - But it can at times be a somewhat taxing system. We'll gladly guide you through the process, but if you're the kind of person who hates spending four hours picking charms, this might not be the game for you. We'd like to have five or four players. So we're looking at a maximum of two additions. Not too many and not too few. Don't be " That Guy ". We like to think of ourselves as reasonably well-rounded adults, and would like to keep the group that way. The most important thing here is that we all have fun. If you have any questions for us, please feel free to leave them below! If you're interested in joining, shoot me a PM!
Hello, the brilliant mind behind Rayshwüf here! Just want to add that there are a few limitations on starting merits. No need to worry about them right now, just don't want people disapointed if they can't start with a five dot cult.
I'd be keen to join i'll need to reread the 3e book as i haven't gotten a chance to play yet.
Christopher N. said: I'd be keen to join i'll need to reread the 3e book as i haven't gotten a chance to play yet. Go ahead and send Pinmissile an introduction of yourself if you havent already.
Quick question; is your game headed towards more of a political drama with ridiculous fights or a wide ranging war with a side of political intrigue?  Or maybe just a hillbilly cluster-fuck of both? where do you find your party focuses more on?
The Rogan Josh said: Quick question; is your game headed towards more of a political drama with ridiculous fights or a wide ranging war with a side of political intrigue?  Or maybe just a hillbilly cluster-fuck of both? where do you find your party focuses more on? What the future hold is hard to see. Right now politicking is very much central. But once we have a powerbase from witch war may be waged, who knows. GM may be able to better answer.

Edited 1487694394
Pinmissile
Sheet Author
API Scripter
So far the four of us are new to the system, so I'm essentially "testing the waters" to figure out what the group finds most enjoyable. As Frank mentioned, politicking is very much central at this moment (The last two sessions were without combat, for example). In short, I don't know yet but we'll figure it out together. I hope that answers your question.
Thanks for the info.  "figuring out together" is my cup of tea.