Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Making HP Bars visible to a limited amount of Player

Hey Guys,  I use Roll20 for a long time now but this special kind of problem never occured to me. Dungeoncrawling is a big thing in our games. Including multiple rooms and enemies with different powerlevel etc. As Gm i try to hide as much plain non-rpg information from the Players as possible (for example: Hp of enemies, stamina of enemies or chances of succesfull spells). Despite that there are options inside the Game which unravel these informations, a mage can cast spells like 'detect essence' to see the physical status of the enemy. Which results in: knowing the percentage HP of the NPC's as a player. In the last months of playing i always markes the HP bar of Monsters as visible when someone casted the spell. Now i want to add a little bit more tactical depth and only give the caster of the spell the information so he needs to communicate as a player and let the others know. Long story short / tl:dr Is there any way to let only 1 player see the HP bar of a token ? (without giving only him control over the token, cause that would result in him seeing the number of HP, where i only want him to see the percentage) Im thankful for every answer, please excuse my bad english grammar, since im not a native speaker. Hope we find a solution,  best regards, Paro
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
There isn't a way to do that, but you could setup a macro pretty easily that would whisper the percentage to him: /w ?{who} Creature is at [[ [[floor(@{selected|bar1}/@{selected|bar1|max}*100)]] ]]% of max health. You could modify that to use target to select the token to whisper to, or the target to inspect, or both.  Putting the calculation in double [[ ]] means only the value shows up, not the calculation, so no peeking at the numbers.
What about sharing the token proprietary right with said player?
@Aaron thanks alot, this seems like a very nice option. @Seiku because if the player has proprietary he can see the exact number 72/120 instead of the percentage as HP-Bar.