Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Prevent HP/AC from appearing above monster tokens in Lost Mines of Phandelver

I purchased this module with the intention to use it as a resource in an actual table top session.  I'd project the map onto the wall and we'd run the session that way with me pre-blocking out some of the maps before the players get there.  The problem is that when I drag a monster token onto the map, it already has the HP and AC above the monster's token.  I don't want players knowing this.  How do I use the graphic of the monster without having the stats?  I'll manage the stats myself.  I just don't want players getting a peak at these stats every time I move the monster.  And I don't want to have to manually delete these numbers every time I bring out a new token.
Check the token settings. If the players can't select a token, they can't see the HP/AC in the bubbles.
Jakob
Sheet Author
API Scripter
In your projector setup (I think there's a page in the wiki about this): use two instances of Roll20 (in separate browser windows). You can log in as a player in one of them (this is the one you project onto the wall), and as a GM in the other one (this is where you move around tokens and do all the sneaky stuff you don't want players to know about).
Jakob said: In your projector setup (I think there's a page in the wiki about this): use two instances of Roll20 (in separate browser windows). You can log in as a player in one of them (this is the one you project onto the wall), and as a GM in the other one (this is where you move around tokens and do all the sneaky stuff you don't want players to know about). Ah... that's actually brilliant.  I was afraid I was going to have to set up a separate computer in the room we're using.  I never even thought about having two Chrome tabs opened with two different accounts.  All I need is to bring in a second monitor from my main computer.  Thanks!
RageCage said: Jakob said: In your projector setup (I think there's a page in the wiki about this): use two instances of Roll20 (in separate browser windows). You can log in as a player in one of them (this is the one you project onto the wall), and as a GM in the other one (this is where you move around tokens and do all the sneaky stuff you don't want players to know about). Ah... that's actually brilliant.  I was afraid I was going to have to set up a separate computer in the room we're using.  I never even thought about having two Chrome tabs opened with two different accounts.  All I need is to bring in a second monitor from my main computer.  Thanks! You don't even need two accounts.  It just clutters the screen w/ another player name.  One account can be logged in as both DM and Player. Go to the Settings tab and right-click Relog in as Player and select to open it in another tab (or window).  But make sure to do DM and then Player.  I've had issues in the past if I was logged in as Player first.  (I forget what, it's been a long time.)
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Here is the wiki page on in-person play with Roll20:&nbsp; <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Using_Roll20_while_Playing" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Using_Roll20_while_Playing</a>... When you have an instance of your account logged in as a player, I suggest doing that in an incognito window or a separate profile. That prevents the various cookies from overwriting each other and logging you in differently if you refresh the page.&nbsp;