Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Drop down macro question

I understand it's possible to get a drop down menu in a macro. Is it possible to get more than one in one macro? For instance: I am fighting with a greatsword 2d6 damage. I also have hex 1d6. In addition I can sometimes use booming blade 2d8. Would it be possible to get a macro which lines up each of these options and lets me pick yes or no to add the damage to the roll? Am I making sense?
Tetsuo
Forum Champion
There's a few ways you could do this.  first you could include the line: ?{hex?|No, 0|Yes, [[1d6]] necrotic damage} ?{booming blade?|No, 0|Yes, [[2d8]] thundering damage} another option is to condense them into a single query ?{additional damage|None, 0|Hex, [[1d6]] necrotic|Booming Blade, [[2d8]] Thunder|Hex and Booming Blade, [[1d6]] necrotic and [[2d8]] thunder}

Edited 1488411976
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
I don't know the abilities you referencing precisely, but you can certainly put more than one roll query in a macro at a time. [[?{Greatsword|Yes,2d6|no,}?{Hex|Yes,+1d6|No,}?{Booming Blade|Yes,+2d8|No,}]] or you can nest them, but I'd need more info on how they interact to demonstrate that, but here's a generic example: ?{Un-nested Query|Regular Option,Regular Value |One level deep nesting,?{query nested one level deep|Option 1,Value1|Option 2,Value 2} |...,... } I would also mention though, that I don't think you want to include  booming blade in the damage macro since that damage only occurs if your target moves.

Edited 1488537817
This is all fantastic. What if I wanted to combine all the numbers into a final calculation though? So to clarify. I am using a greatsword 2d6. Booming blade 2d8. Hex 1d6. So that's 3 different sources of damage. But since I'm not always using them at the same time that's where the dropdown query comes in. So is it possible to get the total damage value of all the ones I selected yes for? I mean as opposed to single damage value outputs.   Also, and I'm probably pushing it here, but what if I crit on my roll?  ETA: The booming blade damage happens on contact after level 5, in addition to separate damage when the target moves. So 1d8 for 5, 2d8 for level 11. 

Edited 1488537802
Tetsuo
Forum Champion
Sure, just do it like this: [[2d6 + ?{additional damage|None, 0|Hex, [[1d6]]|Booming Blade, [[2d8]]|Hex and Booming Blade, [[1d6+2d8]] }]] As for crits, there's no real way with a generic macro. Some sheets have crit rolls and things built into their roll templates, though. Also, as scott mentioned, Booming blade isn't applied on hit, so you may want to set it up as its own macro.
Thanks very much! I'm running a blood hunter so I need to set up weapon, booming blade, hex, rite damage, and I just got a flametongue weapon. Lots of combinations there!  But as I mention in my edit, BB applies on hit after level 5. The moving damage is on top of the hit damage at that point, which is what makes it so good! 
Just to clarify though, it's not possible to have the macro pull the dice to roll from the yes/no query? So instead of me having to write up all these different combinations, the macro would go "hex, yes, BB, no=2d6+1d6" but combining the numbers into one calculation rather than separate? I'm guessing it's a firm no, but I figured it's best to check. I know so little! 

Edited 1488539505
Tetsuo
Forum Champion
Yes, you can. Just do like this : [[?{Query 1|Yes, 1d6|No. 0} + ?{Query 2|Yes, 1d6|No, 0} + ?{etc...}]]
Are you some kind of wizard?! Thanks! 
Tetsuo
Forum Champion
Not at all. The real Macro wizard is a guy named Silvyre
You can also put ability command buttons in your weapon description that will allow you to click them in chat to add extra macro rolls whenever you roll an attack.&nbsp; Reference:&nbsp;<a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Macros#Ability_Command_Buttons" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Macros#Ability_Command_Buttons</a>