Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[LFDMs] The League of the Iron Falcon D&D 5E

Andrew C
Marketplace Creator
DMs, We all see a bunch of players out looking for 5E games. Plenty of "new faces" but a bunch of people who know their way around a set of dice. I bet a bunch of you have joined or run a one-shot convention style game before; Living Greyhawk, The Pathfinder Society, and so on. I don't know if the Roll20 community has any of these, but to do a "massive" one will require a team of GMs who can collaborate and run a session maybe once a month at predetermined times in the month. The idea for the games would basically be a "three to six encounter" story, preferably standalone rather in an obvious plot. Like the Living Greyhawk idea, we would want the world to be responding to the different groups and GMs would help with that. Groups of players may get banded together but players may be able to migrate between groups to suit their RL timetable and the parties would probably get capped to keep the logistics manageable for GMs. GMs would be encouraged to draft their own modules, or collaborate with others and SHARE those modules so that there can be a bank of "easy run" modules a GM could run when life would make it too difficult to write one from scratch. Setting Material would be developed from a structured beginning and allow for contribution but also ideas such as ambitious metaplots, changing the landscape such as destruction of buildings or towns, and so on. This post is to try gather that GM group together and get something started. So add your name below and we can potentially organise a "quieter place" to have a forum on this idea, to organise all the things going on, and so forth. May your enemies roll 1 on their Saving Throws... Andrew (Halfling Gypsy)
Munky
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Andrew, if you are interested in this sort of thing, perhaps we should speak one on one about it. I am in the middle of building something similar to this at the moment, though it may not quite be this exactly. I'll talk to you a bit more on Slack about it.
Andrew C
Marketplace Creator
MeditatingMunky said: Andrew, if you are interested in this sort of thing, perhaps we should speak one on one about it. I am in the middle of building something similar to this at the moment, though it may not quite be this exactly. I'll talk to you a bit more on Slack about it. Sure. It's all early planning at this point. Vague details and broad ideas.
Andrew C
Marketplace Creator
Just a bump to try get the attention of any interested GMs.
I know that there is a subreddit for dnd roll20, it is a place where DMs can post for a game and find players to join them, i'm sure one shots work as well. Last I checked it already had something like 30-50 DMs and is constantly looking for more.
Andrew C
Marketplace Creator
Not on Reddit at all so I wouldn't have known. Might go dig later or see if my collaborator is there already.
Sounds great if not only for the extra modules that get a lot of playtesting... I'll keep an eye on this.
Andrew C
Marketplace Creator
These may not be playtesting of stuff that gets to the MP. But maybe some GMs will do that.
Andrew C
Marketplace Creator
We are still looking for GMs, anyone interested in joining in and running oneshot style missions within a broader metaplot... join up on the LFG entry