Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Storm King's Thunder Official Bug Thread

More a suggestion than a bug.  Instead of trying to memorize all six spells in the Temple of the All-Father, I created a NPC sheet with the spells, so as the party starts poking runes, I could just activate the spells.  If that can't be incorporated into the digital adventure, no worries -- just wanted to pass it along it case it was of interest / help...
Getting close to finishing SKT with my group! Was reviewing Iymrith's Lair, and found that on the Surface Level map, the Map Scale was set to 1 unit = 5 feet.  It should be 1 unit = 10 feet.
Andrew said: Was reviewing Iymrith's Lair, and found that on the Surface Level map, the Map Scale was set to 1 unit = 5 feet.  It should be 1 unit = 10 feet. I'd agree with this.  Lair 2 (Underground Level) is set to 1 unit = 10', but Lair 1 (Surface Level) is set to 1 unit = 5'.
Gid
Roll20 Team
Andrew said: Getting close to finishing SKT with my group! Was reviewing Iymrith's Lair, and found that on the Surface Level map, the Map Scale was set to 1 unit = 5 feet.  It should be 1 unit = 10 feet. Doh! I'll add that to the list too. Thank you for reporting that.

Edited 1488506476
Grudd Huag map, lower level, area 12 -- the bugbears east of the river / stream are sized as 'large' creatures where the bugbears west of the river are sized properly as 'medium' creatures.  I believe the three to the east should be resized to 'medium'. Also, area 11 could include 2 boars in the cages, as the ettin attempts to release them. Thanks!
Gid
Roll20 Team
Brett M. said: Grudd Huag map, lower level, area 12 -- the bugbears east of the river / stream are sized as 'large' creatures where the bugbears west of the river are sized properly as 'medium' creatures.  I believe the three to the east should be resized to 'medium'. Also, area 11 could include 2 boars in the cages, as the ettin attempts to release them. Thanks! The bugbears in Area 12 were resized in the most recent patch (November 16th, 2016 - Patch 1.5), but I'll make a note to add the boars in Area 11 to the GM layer on the next pass.
Kristin C. said: The bugbears in Area 12 were resized in the most recent patch (November 16th, 2016 - Patch 1.5), but I'll make a note to add the boars in Area 11 to the GM layer on the next pass. Thanks Kristin!  I tried to check before I posted, and thought I had the latest update, re: the bugbears.  Obviously I don't have the latest update -- how to I update / confirm that?  I checked my game page, but didn't see and update link, etc.  Sorry for forgetting where it is, and thanks!
The giants (frost, fire, etc.) character sheets have +6 to stealth in roll20, but not in the MM. Is this wrong or am I missing something?
Gid
Roll20 Team
Fredrik E. said: The giants (frost, fire, etc.) character sheets have +6 to stealth in roll20, but not in the MM. Is this wrong or am I missing something? This was a statblock error on our part. We'll have that fixed in the next patch.
Chief Kartha-Kaya This monster is shown in the book as 70 HP.  The formula for HP used in the game is 8d10+2 which is clearly wrong, and causes issues for character sheets that work out HP from formula, or if short rests are used. The character sheet has a lot of extraneous data - it appears as if the monster was originally a Worg, and then converted to a Yakfolk chief... There may be other monsters with similar issues.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Jim W. said: Chief Kartha-Kaya The formula for HP used in the game is 8d10+2 which is clearly wrong The base hp formula for the Yakfolk warrior is 60 (8d10+16). To get the 70 hp as detailed in the book you could use one of the two following formulas: 70 (8d10 + 26) 70 (9d10 + 21)
cripse I'm not seeing the stat blocks. can I confirm where they are located?
Gid
Roll20 Team
Chris C. said: cripse I'm not seeing the stat blocks. can I confirm where they are located? Did you double check to make sure you have either the Roll20 5E OGL or the 5E Shaped Sheet attached to the game? Kryx said: Jim W. said: Chief Kartha-Kaya The formula for HP used in the game is 8d10+2 which is clearly wrong The base hp formula for the Yakfolk warrior is 60 (8d10+16). To get the 70 hp as detailed in the book you could use one of the two following formulas: 70 (8d10 + 26) 70 (9d10 + 21) That looks like a data entry mistake on our part. I'll make a note of that. It was probably suppose to be "70 (8d10 + 26)".
Brown bears are marked as having darkvision when they do not in the MM.
We finished Chapter 12 last Wednesday!  Excellent adventure, and overall an excellent experience running it with the Roll20 module.  I'm looking forward to starting to prep Yawning Portal next week. One small suggestion, for those of us running D&D Adventurers League games, it would be helpful for our book keeping to know what page the magic items appear in the printed book.  I don't know how you would go about implementing that, but it would be nice.

Edited 1489924233
I just noticed that while the Jornual entry for the Piercer has 22 hp listed, the token that is pulled out has 112 hp.
Firepants said: I just noticed that while the Jornual entry for the Piercer has 22 hp listed, the token that is pulled out has 112 hp. Because it was originally a Gladiator!  Luckily (?) the shaped sheet converts it from the HP formulae so is correct at 22 HP
I ran into the same issue Ivan B did on the first page. Chrome all my maps are stuck at low res as soon as I turn on dynamic lighting. Going into FF everything is able to load correctly with Dynamic Lighting enabled.
I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I noticed a conflict between tokens included with SKT and MM that share the same name.  When I drag and drop the token from the compendium, it seems always be the SKT version.  For example, if you look up veteran in the compendium and pull the token, the token from the veteran character sheet from SKT appears instead.  I feel like we should get both versions of the token, listed with different source names.  I think it's only fair, since we paid for both supplements.
Gid
Roll20 Team
Michael A. said: I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I noticed a conflict between tokens included with SKT and MM that share the same name.  When I drag and drop the token from the compendium, it seems always be the SKT version.  For example, if you look up veteran in the compendium and pull the token, the token from the veteran character sheet from SKT appears instead.  I feel like we should get both versions of the token, listed with different source names.  I think it's only fair, since we paid for both supplements. That's how it works when dragging and dropping from the Compendium. This is to prevent having a new character journal created every time you drag and drop a Goblin (for example) from the Compendium onto the tabletop. If you prefer to use MM token art or use their sheet instead, rename the existing character journal in your SKT module (like "Veteran 1"), then drag and drop from the Compendium. Then you'll have the two sheets and its accompanied token.
Gid
Roll20 Team
Jim W. said: Firepants said: I just noticed that while the Jornual entry for the Piercer has 22 hp listed, the token that is pulled out has 112 hp. Because it was originally a Gladiator!  Luckily (?) the shaped sheet converts it from the HP formulae so is correct at 22 HP Data entry error. I'm working on patches this week, so I'll add this to the mix of things that need corrections. Thank you for pointing it out! Andrew said: We finished Chapter 12 last Wednesday!  Excellent adventure, and overall an excellent experience running it with the Roll20 module.  I'm looking forward to starting to prep Yawning Portal next week. One small suggestion, for those of us running D&D Adventurers League games, it would be helpful for our book keeping to know what page the magic items appear in the printed book.  I don't know how you would go about implementing that, but it would be nice. Really glad to hear that you and your party had a blast with the module. Regarding D&D Adventurers League, is this in reference to new items introduced in a module or the items pulled from the DMG?
Gid
Roll20 Team
Rara said: I ran into the same issue Ivan B did on the first page. Chrome all my maps are stuck at low res as soon as I turn on dynamic lighting. Going into FF everything is able to load correctly with Dynamic Lighting enabled. Have you tried toggling Hardware Acceleration yet to see if that makes a difference? Chrome changed how that was handled about a month ago and for some users, toggling it on (or off), has major effect on DL.
Kristin C. said: Jim W. said: Firepants said: I just noticed that while the Jornual entry for the Piercer has 22 hp listed, the token that is pulled out has 112 hp. Because it was originally a Gladiator!  Luckily (?) the shaped sheet converts it from the HP formulae so is correct at 22 HP Data entry error. I'm working on patches this week, so I'll add this to the mix of things that need corrections. Thank you for pointing it out. I've noticed this too, a Few monsters have the wrong NPC_Content (Ex: Aarakocra is a Gladiator, Yeti is a Worg, etc..) Is this something you guys plan of fixing with a patch? Or should I look into manually doing it?
Can someone remind me how to force an update from SKT (i.e. so my game has the most recent changes, etc.)?  I've checked the game page (where I think it used to show up) and the Game Settings page, so my apologies if it's staring me in the face.  Thanks!
As an enhancement for not just SKT, but other Roll20 licensed modules (LMoP, TftYP, etc.) -- can the legends for all maps be placed on the GM layer?  Some of the legends contain spoilers -- e.g., secret doors; chests; etc. -- items that IMO tip the players off to look for.  Currently I've been surrounding them with a Dynamic Light 'box', but I believe shifting them to the GM layer would allow: a) the GM to decide what to bring forward to the players, and what to remain hidden; and b) the GM to know what's hidden on the GM layer (with a Dynamic Light 'box' unless you're on the DL layer, you don't remember if you hid it or not -- GM layer stuff is more obvious given it's translucent. Thanks for considering!
Hey, for my game of Storm King's Thunder I'm not able to display the Dynamic Lighting for my players, Map of note is Eye of the All Father. When I switch the dynamic lighting up it turns into a completely black screen for the players and they aren't able to see the light emmiting from any of their characters. Any advice? I took note to remove fog of war as well
Shawn P. said: Hey, for my game of Storm King's Thunder I'm not able to display the Dynamic Lighting for my players, Map of note is Eye of the All Father. When I switch the dynamic lighting up it turns into a completely black screen for the players and they aren't able to see the light emmiting from any of their characters. Any advice? I took note to remove fog of war as well Forgive the obvious question, but are the player tokens set up to "see" (Has Sight) and a lighting source (either external light, or dark vision -- "Emits Light")? <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/File:Tokensettinglighting.png" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/File:Tokensettinglighting.png</a>
Gid
Roll20 Team
Brett M. said: Can someone remind me how to force an update from SKT (i.e. so my game has the most recent changes, etc.)? &nbsp;I've checked the game page (where I think it used to show up) and the Game Settings page, so my apologies if it's staring me in the face. &nbsp;Thanks! If there is an available patch, this will appear on your Game Details Page, right underneath the pink Join Game button. It'll have the phrase: "Storm King's Thunder has an update available. Patch notes for version x.x" with an Update button to the right of the phrase. There is a current issue if you are playing on a copy of a game that was originally built with a module. If you make a copy currently, it loses the flags needed to compare it to our patch phases. Brett M. said: As an enhancement for not just SKT, but other Roll20 licensed modules (LMoP, TftYP, etc.) -- can the legends for all maps be placed on the GM layer? &nbsp;Some of the legends contain spoilers -- e.g., secret doors; chests; etc. -- items that IMO tip the players off to look for. &nbsp;Currently I've been surrounding them with a Dynamic Light 'box', but I believe shifting them to the GM layer would allow: a) the GM to decide what to bring forward to the players, and what to remain hidden; and b) the GM to know what's hidden on the GM layer (with a Dynamic Light 'box' unless you're on the DL layer, you don't remember if you hid it or not -- GM layer stuff is more obvious given it's translucent. Thanks for considering! In a lot of cases, the map we get have their legends pre-flattened down to the battlemap artwork itself. Sometimes, scrubbing off the map could be relatively easy if the backdrop around it is simplistic. If it is surrounded by a lot of content, it'll likely look strange with that entire square lifted from the map. Maybe the ideal thing to do is to simply patch a square around all legends on their dynamic lighting layer?
Gid
Roll20 Team
Dustin C. said: Kristin C. said: Jim W. said: Firepants said: I just noticed that while the Jornual entry for the Piercer has 22 hp listed, the token that is pulled out has 112 hp. Because it was originally a Gladiator!&nbsp; Luckily (?) the shaped sheet converts it from the HP formulae so is correct at 22 HP Data entry error. I'm working on patches this week, so I'll add this to the mix of things that need corrections. Thank you for pointing it out. I've noticed this too, a Few monsters have the wrong NPC_Content (Ex: Aarakocra is a Gladiator, Yeti is a Worg, etc..) Is this something you guys plan of fixing with a patch? Or should I look into manually doing it? When we made SKT, we lacked a lot of the convenience tools we had now with the Compendium Drag and Drop and with Game Defaults. Back then, we would create a single NPC entry, edit its sheet settings, and then we made copies so we could use them as our template base to create the rest of the game's bestiary. This, as you've noticed, muddled the NPC_Content value. I'll add this to what's needed as patch fixes.
Kristin C. said: There is a current issue if you are playing on a copy of a game that was originally built with a module. If you make a copy currently, it loses the flags needed to compare it to our patch phases. Thanks Kristin -- I believe that's the reason I'm not seeing the patch option. Kristin C. said: In a lot of cases, the map we get have their legends pre-flattened down to the battlemap artwork itself. Sometimes, scrubbing off the map could be relatively easy if the backdrop around it is simplistic. If it is surrounded by a lot of content, it'll likely look strange with that entire square lifted from the map. Maybe the ideal thing to do is to simply patch a square around all legends on their dynamic lighting layer? Thanks again -- I realize you can only work with what you get from WotC. &nbsp;I'll continue to put a square around it on the DL layer. &nbsp;Thanks :&gt; .
I have noticed while running SKT, certain monsters don't drop the npc character sheet. &nbsp;For example all the Goblin monsters except from Volo's Guide. &nbsp;Also no drow npc character sheet is created either. &nbsp;I don't know if this is something I did when creating the SKT campaign and I need to re-create it or a know issue. &nbsp;Doing combat without the npc character sheets will make things very hard, unable to roll for initive or using the creatures abilities. I tried dragging and dropping goblins and drow in another game and the npc sheets load fine, so I am totally confused by what is going on. Thanks and the work you guys have done makes running the game so much easier.
The map of the Morkoth has the Kraken on the Gm layer, but is missing the 4 merrow tokens. &nbsp;(SKT p221 top right of page)
Gid
Roll20 Team
Walter S. said: I have noticed while running SKT, certain monsters don't drop the npc character sheet. &nbsp;For example all the Goblin monsters except from Volo's Guide. &nbsp;Also no drow npc character sheet is created either. &nbsp;I don't know if this is something I did when creating the SKT campaign and I need to re-create it or a know issue. &nbsp;Doing combat without the npc character sheets will make things very hard, unable to roll for initive or using the creatures abilities. I tried dragging and dropping goblins and drow in another game and the npc sheets load fine, so I am totally confused by what is going on. Thanks and the work you guys have done makes running the game so much easier. Walter, can you tell me the name of the game where you're seeing this issue so I can take a look at this? Bad DM [Matthew P.] said: The map of the Morkoth has the Kraken on the Gm layer, but is missing the 4 merrow tokens. &nbsp;(SKT p221 top right of page) Thank you, Matthew! I'll add that to the list of things for the next patch.
Not sure if anyone has pointed this out, but that Yakfolk priests in the yakfolk village, their tokens have 112 hp, where their sheets say 52.&nbsp;

Edited 1497955247
Big list, all token stuff when drag/dropping from the journal onto the map. Stone Giant of Deadstone Cleft token is Large when it should be Huge. Adult White Dragon is Medium when it should be Huge, and has no Name/HP/AC/vision attached. Air Elemental with coin token is Medium when it should be Huge, and has no Name/HP/AC/vision attached. Cambion token has no Name/HP/AC/vision attached. Half-Ogre has the default "blue person" blank token, and has no Name/HP/AC/vision attached. Ice Spider Queen token is Medium when it should be Large. Stone Giant Statue token is Medium when it should be Huge. Succubus token has no Name/HP/AC/vision attached. Yakfolk Priest token has 112 HP when the Journal shows it should have 52. Giant Goat has the default "blue person" blank token, and has no Name/HP/AC/vision attached. Goat has the default "blue person" blank token, and has no Name/HP/AC/vision attached. Pig has the default "blue person" blank token, and has no Name/HP/AC/vision attached. Sheep has the default "blue person" blank token, and has no Name/HP/AC/vision attached. Felbarren Dwarf token has no Name/HP/AC/vision attached. Sea Elves token has no Name/HP/AC/vision attached. Wood Elves token has no Name/HP/AC/vision attached. Elister token has no Name/HP/AC/vision attached. Great Cheif Halric Bonesnapper token has no Name/HP/AC/vision attached. Jasper Dimmerchasm token has nameplate disabled, and has no vision attached. Narbeck Horn token has no Name/HP/AC/vision attached. Noori token has no Name/HP/vision attached. Orok token has nameplate disabled, and has no vision attached. The Weevil token has no Name/HP/AC/vision attached. Turland token size is Medium when it should be Huge, and has no Name/HP/AC/vision attached. Wiri Feagol token has no Name/HP/AC/vision attached.
Dillan, slihgtly off-topic maybe but WHY do you want Vision attached to any NPC?
Handy to see what the Monsters can see, so I don't fudge it and give them unrealistic view distances, and so I don't have to use the distance tool constantly. Nearly all the other tokens with SKT have vision distances listed :D

Edited 1498033335
Thanks Dillan, given the impact on the game speed havng all NPC's have vision I prefer them to not, except in very special circumstances.&nbsp; Rarely need to use the distance tool either.&nbsp; (I have removed the vision, and made other changes I considered bugfixes, lol,&nbsp; in my test game, for all NPCs!)
Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
Bernd S. said: (over here ) &nbsp;I don't own the module but am playing it with another GM. Recently we encountered a bunch of wights and I was really surprised that they had Damage Immunity to non-magical weapons. It must read Damage Resistance to non-magical weapons.
I've had the monster manual for months now, and it's a fantastic time saver for having all monster cards and clickable attacks, spells, etc. &nbsp;Absolutely worth it, and simply wonderful. And then I bought SKT, started a new campaign, and I don't have access to the clickable attacks, et. al, under a character sheet. &nbsp;There is no character sheet for any of the NPCs that I, as DM, should have access to. &nbsp;This is probably some oversight on my end. &nbsp;My apologies. &nbsp; Any suggestions for me?
Walter S. said: I have noticed while running SKT, certain monsters don't drop the npc character sheet. &nbsp;For example all the Goblin monsters except from Volo's Guide. &nbsp;Also no drow npc character sheet is created either. &nbsp;I don't know if this is something I did when creating the SKT campaign and I need to re-create it or a know issue. &nbsp;Doing combat without the npc character sheets will make things very hard, unable to roll for initive or using the creatures abilities. I tried dragging and dropping goblins and drow in another game and the npc sheets load fine, so I am totally confused by what is going on. Thanks and the work you guys have done makes running the game so much easier. Me too, Walter. &nbsp;I've only played a few sessions, and I don't have access to any NPC character sheets. &nbsp;Combat without character sheets is definitely time consuming and breaks the flow of the game instantly. Kristin C., the name of the game I'm experiencing this is named, "Chapter III: The Return of Ostoria". &nbsp;It was the SKT module. &nbsp;All other campaigns/games I've had so far work just fine.
Hi,&nbsp; Just wanted to let you know that the stats for Slarkrethel are all messed up, check the attack bonuses and saves. Cheers, no spoilers.
Hey! I seem to have found a bug on the map of "The Eye of the All-Father" with dynamic lighting. In area 4 (Where the barbarians are) if there is any light source players can see it as if they have sight from the barbarian token itself. Shaman emitting a 20x20 light Shaman emitting no light Copy pasting the lightening effect in area 11 on the same map in the dynamic lighting layer For all i know this is me missing something completely, but all my players are able to see it exactly as screencapped. &nbsp;
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Hello folks! I just wanted to let you all know that we are working on your bug fixes and have a patch just about ready to go. Thank you all for your patience while our team expands and we juggle around some production tasks.&nbsp; -Mel Production Coordinator
@Dunk I wouldnt call it a bug, none of those humans have dark vision, the shaman is carrying a torch.

Edited 1498850581
Running SKT with another group, this time running the Grudd Haug chapter. &nbsp;There is a completely unacceptable amount of dynamic lighting lines on the lower map. &nbsp;The stockyard had a palisade around the sheep pens, and literally every single log on the map had a little dynamic lighting line on it. &nbsp;This creates an enormous amount of lag on the client side, and it's completely unnecessary:
Andrew said: Running SKT with another group, this time running the Grudd Haug chapter. &nbsp;There is a completely unacceptable amount of dynamic lighting lines on the lower map. &nbsp;The stockyard had a palisade around the sheep pens, and literally every single log on the map had a little dynamic lighting line on it. &nbsp;This creates an enormous amount of lag on the client side, and it's completely unnecessary: IMO, I'd rather Roll20 add too much, then we as DMs can remove if we wish. &nbsp;The fences are 4' tall, which would obscure view. &nbsp;That said, my suggestion would be: i) go to the Dynamic Lighting layer; ii) using click-and-drag select all the DL lines you wish to remove; and iii) hit delete.
Uthgardt Shaman says CR 2 (450450xp) That's a little bit too much for my campaign.
Rodolfo M. said: Uthgardt Shaman says CR 2 (450450xp) That's a little bit too much for my campaign. I'm gonna farm those guys and become a god.