Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Bardic Knowledge bonus and similar macros in Pathfinder

Hello everybody and thank you for your time. I'm currently in the process of creating my character for a new Pathfinder campaign, and I got stuck in trying to create a macro. I need the Perception and Disable Device skills to get a bonus equal to 1/2 my character level, and the Knowledge skills to get a bonus equal to 1/2 my character level, minimum +1. I know almost nothing about macros on Roll20, and I can't really understand the guides on the wiki, they're all very confusing to me. This is why I am asking help directly here on the forums. If this isn't the right place to ask such question I beg you to excuse me and feel free to delete my post. Thank you in advance for your answer.
Tetsuo
Forum Champion
Which sheet are you using? 
I could be wrong on this since i am also fairly new! But, macros are really just used to make rolls and perform actual actions/checks. If you are just trying to get the roll20 app to process your bonuses on skills, then just calculate what the bonus is for 1/2 of your level and add it in the miscellaneous box thats next to your perception, disable device, and knowledge skills. If it's not calculating that bonus into the total, it may be because you have to put ranks into skills before some of the forms will calculate your total (so, no ranks means no bonuses received in total section). If you are looking for how to make a skill check and have it call your score from your character sheet, I can assist with that also! But I am not sure if that's what you need or not.
Rain
Plus
Sheet Author
Yeah as above I would just roll a d20 and then manually add the bonus on or have a macro. What this macro does is asks you to manually enter your total (eg 5 for your perception) then it adds it to the d20 roll: &{template:default}{{name=Skill Roll}}{{[[d20+?{Skill bonus}}]]}}  The other way you can do it is have all your bonuses on your sheet in your attributes and abilities and then have a separate maco for each of your skills. You have to make sure the wording for the perception score you are adding exactly matches the wording of the attribute or it won't work. Eg Cha won't match with charisma, they both have to be the same. You will also need level listed. &{template:default}{{name=Stealth}}{{[[d20+@{Stealth}]]}} &{template:default}{{name=Perception}}{{[[d20+@{Perception}+floor(@{Level}/2)]]}} The first is the basic skill as is, the second has your skill + half level rounded down, so for level 1 you will just want to add 1 on as it will round down to 0 bonus. If this doesn't really answer it or you can't understand this then please PM me and I can try to explain better- maybe add you to a game and lay it all out for you to make more sense. 
Franky H. said: Which sheet are you using?  I'm using the sheet simply called "Pathfinder", version 1.17. Here is a screen of the Skills tab on that sheet: As you can see there is a "Misc Macro" field for every entry in the list. What I'm trying to obtain is an equation which automatically calculates those incremental bonuses whenever I level up, so I won't have to manually change them at every increase of my character level. I don't need dice rolling macros, I already have those, but thanks nonetheless for your answers Katie and Rachel. Sorry if I wasn't clear with my first post.

Edited 1489064210
Tetsuo
Forum Champion
[[{(floor(@{level}/2)), 1}kh1]]  This will take your level, divide it by 2, round it down, compare it to 1, then keep the highest number.