Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Whispering character by ID / name with spaces, quotes, or single quotes

Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I have some macro buttons on my sheet that whisper the user some data via the following method: /w "@{character_name}" I need to support the following name variations: Spaces in names (Sildar Hallwinter) Single quote in names (Drizzt Do'Urden) Double quotes in names (Ewhar “Hatchet-Hand” Vress) The option I use above does not support #3 due to the double quotes, but without them option #1 is not supported. Is there some way to whisper a character by ID or some other wrapping method that will allow all the above options? Thanks
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Option #1, while definitely not perfect, should still whisper a Character or player whos name starts with "Sildar ". While the remainder of the name will carry into the body of the whisper, this unwanted behaviour can be negated by using Roll Templates: /w @{character_name} &{template:default} {{?{Whisper}}}