Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Noticeable Lag After Module Addon useage.

Edited 1490480511
I noticed this issue as soon as I added two of the modules from Yawning Portal.  It's on top of a base campaign of SKT.  Is Roll20 not able to handle this?  Am I hitting a limit?  I got rid of one of the two modules and it still persists.  It's extremely weird if I load up the game I will see 2 tokens and a 3rd will pop up noticeably delayed.  The character sheets are slow, sometimes not updating for almost a minute or more which is very very noticeable.  It comes in fluctuation waves.   Other players have noticed it as well.  I don't think it will hinder our sessions but it's extremely in bad taste I feel.   The bio says Loading... I don't understand why it's suddenly so slow.

Edited 1490487290
Silvyre
Forum Champion
A Game that contains a large enough number of Attributes will inevitably cause issues for computers that are old enough . This means that even high-end computers can and will inevitably encounter issues with a Game that contains a large enough number of Attributes. Storm King's Thunder provides a significant number of Characters (and therefore Attributes). Adding a significant number of Characters on top of what SKT provides (e.g. via multiple Addons) may bloat your Game to a degree that may cause latency issues for some users. When such issues are reported, my usual advice is to delete any rarely-used Characters (or Characters that you can easily enough replace via an API Script or Compendium drag-and-drop). If Addons are involved, deleting the Characters provided by the Addon until those Characters are needed is a good idea; you can Vault/Transmogrify in those Characters, as needed, later on. There should be no need to delete any other content provided by the Addon to mitigate latency issues. Some GMs in this situation opt to use a separate game as storage for Characters that they can Vault/Transmogrify in later. Be sure to clear your cache to experience the benefits of cleaning up your Game to the fullest effect.