Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Hovering a roll box disappears outside browser boundary

Edited 1490817358
Hello everyone, For the first time, a GM has asked me to recreate all macros as he cannot see the individual dice rolls. This happens when rolling with a large amount of dice or using stuff like floor, abs and such, when hovering with the mouse on top of the roll, half the dice rolls and modifiers appear outside the browser window and is therefore invisible. Small dice roll, which works: Large roll, which does not work: Any chance the hovering box can be fixed to not exceed the boundaries of the browser, so you would always be able to see the rolls? EDIT: This is a rolled spell using the Pathfinder sheet. Thank you

Edited 1490926398
Adding some spaces between the plus signs and the attributes in your macro will allow the lines to wrap. For example, change "1d20+@{dex-mod}+@{misc-mod}" to "1d20 + @{dex-mod} + @{misc-mod}" and you should see better results.
My calculations in the sheet has too many spaces if anything. Basically every bracket, operator and text are separated by spaces. I have even tried adding random text after the damage roll to move the box into view by offsetting, but at a certain point that line will just wrap and negate that trick.

Edited 1490944400
And I have now tracked down the sinner. Roll20 utilizes the "Tipsy" JQuery library to create the tooltips but forces the orientation to "n" (always show below). If they switched to either use "e" (which would show the tooltip on the left side) or "autoBounds" (have a preferred orientation, but if it gets to close to edge, modify orientation as needed), all tooltips would be in-bounds in the browser's viewport. EDIT: Added image of the HTML classes, "tipsy-n" is the default on new rolls which can create the issue shown above on large rolls. "tipsy-e" is a manually renamed to show the alternative.
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Hi, NopeDK . Thank you very much for your bug report and investigation. I have brought your findings to the attention of the Roll20 Dev Team.
Gid
Roll20 Team
Thank you for bringing this up and the JQuery research, NopeDK, I've made a ticket for this to hopefully nail down when we next do a UX pass.
Sounds awesome and thanks for listening =)