Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[BUG] Game Default Settings... page background color / has sight

Bug 1:  Background changes to black when I save the settings, if I have chosen transparent. Bug 2:  You cannot remove Has Sight from all tokens using Apply Settings because it won't show up unless Has Sight is checked under Game Default Settings, meaning the only thing you can do is add Has Sight to all tokens instead of being able to switch it.
Still a bug.
Gid
Roll20 Team
I can reproduce the transparent background issue on my end too. That's definitely a bug and I've made a ticket for it. The way the applier works currently is that a settings option doesn't appear in the in-game Settings Applier button until it's been changed. This is to minimize having to load all the game settings at once every time you launch a game. Once enabled, the setting remains in the Applier even if you toggle it back to what it was originally. For "Has Sight", toggle it on and then save the Game Default Settings. This will enable the checkbox in the Applier in-game. Now toggle the "Has Sight" off and save the Game Defaults Settings again. Now you'll be able to apply that setting to all your tokens in a game (and turn their "Has Sight" setting off).

Edited 1491418474
I did that. I turned has sight on. Saved it. Reloaded the campaign and the option appeared to apply default settings. I turned has sight off. Save it. Reloaded the campaign again and the option to apply it disappeared from the apply default settings button. -edit - Tried it again, it worked. Feh. I know for sure it didn't work last time I tried. Not sure if it was the same campaign I tried it on before. Testing on another campaign.
And it's working in the other campaign now. I know it didn't work before. I tested it very thoroughly. >_<
Gid
Roll20 Team
I would close the game, make all your default changes (whether that requires multiple saves or not), then when you're ready, launch the game then. Less steps that way. Later on, If you find a game where that hangs up again, let us know what it is, so that we can look under the hood of that game in particular.
Hi, i have a similar problem with default token color, if i set it to transparet and save it became default black

Edited 1493574850
The default token color issue is super annoying. On my WoDu game I have to manually reset every token color to transparent every time I add any tokens to any page.
Gid
Roll20 Team
Thank you, Maeglin and Jason, for bringing up that this affects the Token swatch default as well. I'll add that to the bug report ticket.
Any progress on this?