Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Pretty sure I broke my macros... -_-

/em &{template:default} {{name=Ranged Damage Roll}} {{@{selected|token_name} fires a round from ?{Weapon?|@{selected|Weapon1}|@{selected|Weapon2} } striking @{target|token_name} and dealing [[?{Damage Die?|1d6}+(?{Weapon/Ammo/Range Damage Bonus or Penalty?|0} )+(?{Other Bonuses/Penalties?|0})-(@{target|Def|Max}) ]] damage! }} The above macro suddenly stopped working recently and now asks the player to pick a target for Def and then gives a missing attribute error: No attribute was found for @{TARGET:Def|Max} The character sheet has a Def attribute and its filled in [in case blank entries mess things up] and though it normally asks the player to click on a target it did not have the player pick a target and a target for Def before now. It was working for a while so I'm not sure why its acting up. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Edited 1491196231
Try this instead: @{target||Def|max}. Your error message shows a : instead of | in the target call.
Thanks Sky that fixed the missing attribute call. Is there a way to prevent it from asking for a target twice? I speak of these: A is of course the one thats supposed to be there, but after the player picks the target token it asks again for B/C. C is what I got before I changed the macro and B is what I get now.
Sorry, that's because I used an option that gets rid of the Target: Target in the pop up window. You can use multiple @{target calls in the same macro and specify different targets for each one by giving them a name such as: @{target|Target 1|token_name} @{target|Target 2|token_name} And it says Choose Target: Target 1 in the popup instead of Target: Target, which annoys me. So I did @{target||token_name} and that makes it only show Choose Target: To avoid selecting the same target more than once make sure all your @{target calls have the same name or no name. @{target||token_name} @{target||Def|max}

Edited 1491243262
Thanks for the help Sky, that fixed it up.