Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Yawning Portal White Plume Mountain TRAP Fix

Edited 1491434783
Just place over their intended trap and just use ALT while moving it into place.  The one on the right is not perfect I realize that but this is the best I could do since the right side has walls that are heavily uneven.  Wasn't sure what forum to put this in.
Snagged, thanks!
Ideal was looking for a solution to this and didn't have time to edit up anything myself and didn't want to do the "pretend you don't notice the trap that's right there on the map" thing, appreciate you sharing, you've done me (and I imagine others) a favour.
Glad you guys approve maybe I'll retouch them up later and make them blend in more.  This is what could whip up on short notice.  I couldn't find a direct copy of the map either. 
I went in to photoshop and fixed up a couple pieces to cover up room 10.  The second piece isn't perfect, but you can make it work well enough until they get the map fixed. 

Edited 1492154004
I did one as well but used the entire area.  I suppose these may even be the better options since you can delete these and reveal the trap.

Edited 1492156524
freaking sweet guys thx Im stil a little confused, as i thought one of them was meant to be seen by the party (the pit) and cause more of a - how do we get across it - they wouldnt have left it uncovered, there must be a trick or 2nd trap paranoia thing, but i havent read the section in a couple weeks.

Edited 1492167642
Nope it's suppose to appear to be a flat surface of water like the rest of the water.  That's the trap.  If they proceed without checking the depth slowly (inching and slowly walking aka purposefully) they fall straight in without a successful dex check. I mean it's really easy to get across, swim.  But someone with heavy armor maybe not so much, realistically it's nothing but a wake up call to watch your step.  Your big bulky Fighter up front in some heavy armor suddenly disappears from view.  As you all scamble around to figure out what happen he bobs to the top and swims to the other side telling everyone to watch their step. It happens so quickly as to possible send two people to the depths before they realize it.  No one gets hurt but the DM is suppose to play up the fear factor of being in this dangerous place. You have to keep in mind if your walking around with Darkvision you see with a disadvantage vision check.  If you're walking around with light all that light is reflecting.  Either way you're not going to see to well into the depth of the water. Not sure what the original trap did, there might have been a real chance to drown in heavy armor.  5e you can swim in plate no prob just slowly.