Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[LFP] Vampire: the Requiem 2nd Ed --- Experienced players seeking two more players to begin a weekly Requiem game (Sundays at 6:00 GMT)!

I've Got a Pitch For Ya! Are you looking to play a mature, thematic game of Vampire: the Requiem, 2nd Ed---one that explores Vampire's core themes of personal horror, the perilous pursuit of ambition, and the exciting paranoia of the Danse Macabre ? Are you a creative, reliable player who enjoys playing carefully-crafted, fully-imagined characters that are designed together , as a cohesive coterie packed with story hooks and in-character connections? Are you looking for a rich, flavorful setting run by a dedicated Storyteller, in which all players will have a hand in shaping? Preliminary Setting Information: "Requiem In Paris" --- Feel free to skim this if you'd like to know more about the setting we have in mind. Importantly, nothing is set in stone: Character Creation during our first session will contain a hefty amount of Setting Creation as well, during which much of this document can change. Have you been burned in the past by groups that didn't quite meet your expectations of reliability, commitment, or quality? If so, please consider this my formal invitation to you to join our small group to start a new tale in the World of Darkness! Experience with Vampire: the Requiem is NOT required! If you're interested in the setting, and you meet the above requirements of maturity, reliability and enthusiasm, we'll be more than happy to acquaint you with the rules. Currently we have a Storyteller and two players, and we're looking to recruit one or two more players. We will hold weekly sessions on Sundays, from 6:00 to 10:00 GMT---starting with group character creation this Sunday, April 9th, if we can assemble a group in time. There will also be plenty of opportunities to continue the story between sessions (either by scheduling one-shots with the Storyteller, or by written forum posts). A Bit About Us We're flexible, creative players with twenty+ years experience in the World of Darkness. We all have experience both Storytelling and playing, and we know the rules enough to help less-experienced players learn the ropes. We believe that the best games are those with the best stories---win or lose---and at the heart of the best stories are the best characters . Accordingly, we take character creation very seriously: We work with the Storyteller to fit our characters into the setting, and insist on generating all characters as a team---where a real group is created, with relationships and conflicts, rather than a collection of unrelated individuals thrust together by fate or fiat. We enjoy player-driven stories in a story-driven world . By "player-driven stories", I mean those that involve proactive characters with ambition and drive : characters with aspirations and goals ready to push the narrative forward in interesting (and sometimes unexpected) directions, without always relying on the Storyteller's guiding hand. By "story-driven world", I mean one that's firmly under the authority of the Storyteller: where actions have consequences, where victory isn't guaranteed, and where the NPC's don't stop scheming when the PC's leave the room. We believe it's from this collision between the player-driven ambitions of fully-realized characters, and the sharp hooks of the Storyteller's living world, that the best and brightest sparks of great stories fly. If you've gotten this far, let me implore you to consider this a real opportunity! Yeah, I'm laying it on thick here, but that's because it's hard to find a good, new group of committed, quality players---yet that's exactly what we're trying to build here. (Don't you want to be along for the ride?) If you're interested, please respond with a bit about yourself. Consider including your roleplaying experience, the themes you'd most like to explore in Vampire, the types of characters you most enjoy playing, and/or anything else you'd like to share. Very much looking forward to hearing from you, Andrew , Doggo , and Eunomiac
Hello! I'd definitely like to get in on this. My name is Grant and I am 27 years old. I have been roleplaying for a bit over three years now. I have played games ranging from DnD, Apocalypse World and it's derivatives, World of Darkness, Shadowrun, Gurps, and several homebrews. I have both played and ran many of these games. For vampire I really like the idea of the exploring the themes of turning into a monster, that straddling the line of maintaining the facade of being human and the all consuming drive to hunt and feed. As for characters I enjoy playing that's hard to put a finger on. Most characters come from a concept I really like with no real rhyme or reason to it. That being sad I have noticed my characters tend to be either dumb but well meaning, emotionally damaged by their past, or easy going charmers. If there's anything you'd like to know feel free to hit me up!
Hi I'm interested in joining. I'm 29 years old and have a lot of experience from old WoD and some experience with nWoD. Played roleplaying games since I was 8, both as GM and player. What I like most in rpgs is to make and play a believable and alive character, the interaction that character is experiencing is what I Im after. I do believe that combat has its place to give stakes to actions, but I like the intrigue gameplay the most.Theme wise I like when its dark and frighting, and struggle to survive in a harsh climate. If you think this sounds good and want to know more, give me a PM!

Edited 1491597789
Hello. My name is Brett, I am age 21, and have been playing RPGs for 7 years now, having started off with an OWoD Vampire game and transitioning yo NWoD from there. My gaming systems have expanded since then, but World of Darkness has been a long time favourite. I've always been partial to the style of vampire, the cost of ambition and the internal struggle against that darker nature that longs for all things taboo. The paranoia and double-dealing and webs within webs are always a great deal of excitement and require dilligence and thought to maneuver, all while keeping the considerations of ones character and group and their roleplay in mind. To put it succinctly though, I like thriller genre stories.  I do like to build a character with the group, rather than coming with anything concrete that might clash, but often I do at least have a vague outline of description of what I might prefer. In this case, I'm thinking something of an academic socialite. Rich kid kid, had a free ride, but fucked it up. Just something basic like that for now. I really think working with the ST and group is an important aspect of any well functioning group. If this looks suitable, or if you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM me.
Hello, I'm a twenty-something roleplayer with several years of experience under all sorts of systems. I've played both old and new World Of Darkness, first as a player, later as a storyteller. I was attracted to WoD in general due to the blend of horror, politics, and personal conflict of Humanity vs. Monstrosity. Balancing normal with the surreal, all the while trying to make it in the world. What I look for in role-playing games in general is inter-group relations. Solo-time during a session has never interested me even half as much as when the group, or a significant part of the group acts together to make something happen. What I like to see above all of my personal preferences, are a handful of people bringing their own ideas and themes to the table, and then making it into a meaningful whole that everyone is invested in. This often reflects in my characters, as I try to bring out an aspect of the game world that the other players might not touch upon. If you want to hear more, send me a private message through Roll20.
Thanks everyone - all positions are now full.