Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Spell FX macro with API Scripts

Edited 1586742697
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Video of Macro in action. The two scripts I use in this macro are  Token-Mod , and  Roll20 Audio Master The bulk of the automation is handled by the following API commands in an API button: Fireball](!roll20AM --audio,play,nomenu|Fireball Spell by Daniel Warneke !token-mod --order toback !token-mod --set currentside|1 !token-mod --set width|560 height|560) To revert to the target face, I use this button: [Target](!token-mod --set currentside|1 !token-mod --set width|140 height|140 !token-mod --order tofront) I placed the spell effect images in a rollable table, and created a token from them. I use Token-Mod to swap the faces and properly size them and Roll20AM to play an appropriate sound effect. I also tell Token-Mod to send the effect to the back, so that the affected characters are easy to identify. When I hit the API button to revert back to the targeting icon, it pops it up to the front, so that it can be easily moved or deleted. I'm pretty happy with it. Note that because the API cannot control Marketplace images, all effect images must be uploaded to your own user library. Map is Ruins of Trostenhall by HeroicMaps Tokens (except for the Skeleton) and Spell Effects are mine Sound Effects from Incomptech through Roll20 Jukebox
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Wow!  That's pretty nifty! (Also, you either have a really great mic or a really loud mouse! =D )
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Very nice
Would be nice to have this kind of stuff in Roll20 by default.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
The Aaron said: (Also, you either have a really great mic or a really loud mouse! =D ) Probably a bit of both. I normally use a touchpad, which is silent as death, but some wild notion overtook me to use the mouse, which sits directly under the mic.
Awesome work...  I do something similar the AoE mod :)