Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Adding Character Sheet to Github

Rain
Plus
Sheet Author
Hi all, me again, sorry. I have finally finished my character sheet. I signed up on github and I know where the roll20 repository is.  Could someone just talk be though exactly what to do to add my character sheet please? I read the instructions but I don't full understad about copying the repository and adding my file etc. I just want to make sure I do it all correctly.  Thanks
Lithl
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Have you checked out the  Beginner's Guide to GitHub ? The screenshots are a little out of date, and the GitHub for Windows/Mac application has been updated to allow Pull Requests directly from there (instead of forcing you to go back to the web interface), but the basic flow remains the same.
Rain
Plus
Sheet Author
Ok I'll have a look and see if I can figure it out. What is the j.son file? Do I have to create that using something special- I know what info I'm supposed to put into it

Edited 1491861292
Lithl
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
.json is just a text file with special formatting. JSON stands for JavaScript Object Notation. You can create a new .txt file and rename it to change the .txt to .json.

Edited 1491908337
David
Sheet Author
Download one from the Roll20 github repository and change the details.  One of the entries is your user details.  Another thing if you work on a Windows computer make sure the  editor will allow you to save with Unix end of line markers.
Make sure your CSS is saved in UTF-8, no BOM. Some editors, (like mine) default to UTF-16