Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Macro for multiple initiative turns

Suggestion: Expand the &{tracker} macro so that it can add multiple initiative turns for the same token, with different values, to the initiative tracker. The tracker itself supports multiple turns, but there is currently no way to add (or even individually modify) two different turns for the same token via macros. This would be extremely useful for anyone running 7th Sea first edition, Legend of the Five Rings, and any similar systems out there. In those systems, each combat round consists of 10 numbered phases. At the beginning of each round, you roll some number of d10s, and you act on those phases. For example, if you rolled a 3 and a 6, you would act on phases 3 and 6. When the round ends, everyone rerolls, and you get a new initiative order. This is a lot of fun, but it's also a lot of numbers to keep track of. The initiative tracker can be helpful here, but using it is very time-consuming. You have to manually add several turns for each character, then manually roll an appropriate number of d10s, then manually (sensing a theme?) input those numbers into the initiative tracker. Every round. It's less than ideal. If there were a macro to add/edit multiple turns for the same token, the whole process would take a fraction of the time. Now, in doing some reading on these forums, I've come across the suggestion to simply add multiple tokens (presumably somewhere off to the side) for each character, and roll initiative for each one. This doesn't really speed things up, though, since now the GM has to place several times as many tokens, keep track of them all, use the macro on each copy every round, and remember to remove the appropriate copies each time a character dies or otherwise leaves the combat. This, too, is less than ideal. Hence my suggestion. This lack of functionality is especially frustrating since it seems to be a failure of the macro system's ability to interface with the tracker, rather than of the tracker itself, which appears to have no difficulty with one token having multiple turns. Thanks for reading, and if you're a dev, I hope you'll take this under consideration.
I too would want this for when I play Kult, in which each round of combat is divided up in three phases and characters have up to 9 turns split over those three phases.

Edited 1520810290
I really really really need this functionality. Specifically, I'd like to be able to say something like: /roll 1d10 &{tracker}New /roll 1d10 &{tracker}New /roll 1d10 &{tracker}New Then it would add three separate 1d10 rolls to the tracker for that token.
ooh, yes please
Thanks for the suggestion! After 30 days, Suggestions and Ideas with fewer than 10 votes are closed and the votes are refunded to promote freshness. Your suggestion didn't build the right momentum this time, but feel free to submit it again! We find that the best suggestions describe the problem you are having, and the solution you want. You can learn more about the process of making suggestions on the Roll20 Wiki! More details can be found here .