Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

!XP not applying

I get this message when I run !xp session to spread the XP to the group.  All the sheets have 0/300 for xp. From EasyExperience Script): Error MSG: Character(s) , does not have an experience attribute, please set that character(s)'s current and max experience fields to some value (even if it is 0). No experience was awarded to any character.
Lithl
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Do you have any NPC characters that the script might be picking up any trying to give xp to? Do you have anything in the search box of the journal that might be hiding some characters?

Edited 1492561592
all the characters that it names I checked.  They all have xp.  It only named those I have selected as PCs.  I deleted several other characters that were in in players journals and that were controllable by other players.  However, those characters were not listed in the error message.
Is the max value set for each character sheet XP?  x/y ?
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Hi Omega, does the error give any character names? Scott
Yes, it shows all the current PC names. I checked each sheet.  The sheet shows on the front 0/300 on the XP line. On the att/abilit tab it shows xp 0/  to which I put a 2nd 0.  It also has a next lvl attribute or something that says 300 I believe. Not sure what the max value for xp is or where to set that.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Can you post a pic of your config menu? And remind me which sheet you're using.
I would love to post a pic but I do not know how to do that.  My config shows: XP Progression: fifth Sheet XP attribute: experience Sheet level attribute: level Set PCs to active or MIA: [big long list of grayed out NPCs] Lel: Active Varras: ACtive Scarlet: ACtive Mike: Active Amon: Active Prim: Active Then I have the update button below.  It all looks right.

Edited 1492613762
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Hmm, ok, so you are using the OGL sheet i'm guessing? I'll have to check, but I think I got some bug reports like this a few months ago. I'll poke around in my game and try to figure out what's going on. I'll get back to you as soon as I can. EDIT: Also, why do you have a long list of NPCs? Do you have players controlling those NPCs?

Edited 1492617297
Sorry I totally forgot.  I use the Shaped Sheet for 5E. The NPCs are in everyone's journals but only controllable by me.  At some point in the past each of those WAS able to be controlled by the players so maybe it's a holdover from that.  I don't know how to make them NOT show up on the list.  I can only set them to MIA, but they won't disappear from the list. (From EasyExperience Script): Error MSG: Character(s) LeL, Varras, Scarlet Cadence, Mike Pincor, Amon, Prim Thornwood, does not have an experience attribute, please set that character(s)'s current and max experience fields to some value (even if it is 0). No experience was awarded to any character.

Edited 1492617387
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Ah, well, that might explain the experience error then. It looks like the shaped sheet (at least the version from the drop-down) uses an experience attribute named "xp" instead of "experience" for its experience tracking. Change your experience attribute in the script's config menu to that, and it should work fine. I'll look into why the npcs aren't being properly removed from the list once no one controls them as well. Could you confirm that there is no one in their controlled by fields for me?
I, as the GM am in the Controlled by field for each of them.  No one else is listed there.  But the players ARE listed under whose journal entry they show up in.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Ah, that's why they're showing up there then. The script determines if something might be a player based on whether or not there is someone (not 'all players') in the controlled by field. Having yourself specified in the controlled by field is triggering the script to display them.
See, you just have to lead me by the hand that's all.  It's working perfect now.  Thank you so much!
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
heh, it'd probably help if I wrote better script instructions too ;) Glad it's all working though, let me know if you run into any other problems. There is an intermittent bug with the shaped sheet that is on my to do list. If you start getting erroneous messages about players being at level 20 and no longer being able to track leveling up, that's that error.