Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Any way to do Surround sound voicing/soundscape (Pref Skype, handout or prerecorded)

Because I want to be able to give a Surround Sound experience to my players (I do a lot of really, really intense tabletop RPG's, and want to try and bring that energy online to my players), and don't want to have to say 'Now go download Dolby Axon, we'll wait 30 mins.' So does anyone know if there's a way to do surround sound through the client or third-party programs only on my end? If possible I'd like to use it for both voicing (a new person enters from the rear) or pre-recorded sound (A cave-in) Thanks in advance. My hopes aren't high, but I figured I might as well ask.
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Unless they have their sound system setup to handle surround sound there is nothing you can do on your end that i know of. Surround requires multiple speakers so that the sounds can be sent to specific speakers along with volume control to simulate distance. That is just the tip of the iceburg. There is software (I think) that will allow you to virtualize the effects but I haven't looked into it in years (I was going to build a pc media center with surround sound) but good luck and google is your friend for this.