Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Extra Text Boxes on character sheet

GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
The current character sheet Bio section is a bit limited. One big text box, and if you want to change the text, you have to click edit first. One thing most players need is a temporary scratch area for rapidly changing values that aren't stats. Like, say, how many coins they are carrying, how many days rations, what spells they have memorized, and so on. It would be very nice to have one (or more!) text boxes on the character sheet that was designed for quick editing - you didn't need to press edit to modify it, and it was visible when you open the character sheet.
Stephen S.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I give each player a hand out with their sheet.
Sam
Sheet Author
Whoa! that's a great idea Stephen! I've never thought of that before. I'm going to steal this right away :)
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
That's a good idea, I do it myself too, but handouts have the same problem that you have to hit edit, then save change, every time to want to update it. The Attributes section of the character sheet supports just typing in the box, and automatically saves. I think this should apply to notes too, especially ones you might need to change frequently during a session.