Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Improper roll template display

Edited 1494122359
Toby
Pro
I have continually had to deal with occasions where the roll templates will have issues where the calculations don't condense, and display as full formulas instead of displaying as the rolled result. I dont know whats causing it, I dont know how to troubleshoot and fix it.  Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.  The only real information I have is that it will ALWAYS work if I roll it directly from the character sheet, and will only sometimes work if I use a link or drag the roll to the bottom macrobar. Any assistance would be appreciated, I can provide code on request, but at this point I'm just looking for possible causes and potential reasons why this is happening to try and fix it myself.  It is very frustrating. Now the in this case the damage doesnt work but everything else does. The augmented dice code is as follows:  <option value="**Damage** [[[[@{splnumDice}+@{psiHasAug-2}]]d@{spldamDice}]] ([[@{splnumDice}+@{psiHasAug-2}]]d@{spldamDice})" data-i18n="psi-damage-AugDice">Augmented Dice</option> Another Image Example of this problem: I can also provide a link to my testing game as well if it would be helpful, I'd post it here for people to generally look at (I dont really care who logs in, in fact I'd welcome it.) Thanks in advance for any assistance.
Silvyre
Forum Champion
These issues tend to be caused by issues parsing nested inline rolls, namely when two sets of inline roll brackets are placed immediately beside each other. Adding spaces between closing pairs of inline roll brackets (e.g. rewriting ]]]] as ]] ]]) tends to resolve these issues.
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Vince puts a space after [[ and before ]] that seems to help
That seems to help.  Thank you all.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
chris b. said: Vince puts a space after [[ and before ]] that seems to help and I think I first stole it from HoneyBadger SkyCaptainVIII Sky ;-P