Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[Torch Script] working only intermittently

I set up a macro to add the flicker torch to a token and everything was working just peachy. Then it didn't. The script makes the invisible token on the DL layer but it doesn't flicker nor does it follow the token . I use a separate macro to turn it off and that works fine. I was using Chrome when I first saw the issue so I tried Firefox and get the same issue. I've disabled all scripts but torch, rebooted the computer, cleared browser cache, restarted API sandbox and still no dice. I created a new page with DL enabled, dropped the token, ran the macro - still same issue. It lights up but does not follow the object layer token . There are no errors in chat or API console. Frankly, I'm at a loss. Yesterday it worked (the flickering, etc). Today not.
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
hmm.. this sounds familiar.  I feel like I've run into this before.. you have the player ribbon on that page, or player's specifically on it?  I think it doesn't operate unless someone other than the GM is on the page (and it was before we had access to where the GM was looking...)
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Yeah, just verified in the code, won't operate unless there's a player or the player ribbon on the page.  I'll see about checking the GM's lastpage as well, but for now, if you drag yourself onto that page, it should start animating.
Ah, verified. I moved the player ribbon to the page and it works. Thanks. That's all I need as it is only for a player character who has darkvision and has an ability where he sheds light (or if he lights a torch for everyone else). Awesome.
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Cool. =D
I need to know how to turn FLICKER off.  I have !flicker-on for a PC but it really slows down his browser so I want to turn it off and I cannot figure out how.  I put in a @target thing but when I selected him it did nothing.  The only way I could disable it is to disable my entire torch script. Help me out.
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
!flicker-off