Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Interest check on Unique game idea

Edited 1494655716
This is a interest check on the concept of game. If enough people show interest I may run it. So time and day is not set and books and rules are not set ether. Though I can guaranty be ether pathfinder or dungeons and dragons 3.5 or mix of both, until I decide to run it. I always had a idea for a perfect mmorpg. The world it be in or in this case universe. The story behind it, The game play. I have built this idea up over many years a complete living mmorpg. But what holds me back is I can't program games, Deal breaker huh? Well no I have decided to put my idea into a pen and paper world as of tonight. So here it is. I will explain my world in as much detail as I can so this will be a long post but will give you a complete run down. Celestial Desire This is a livening breathing universe where the smallest action can change the flow of time. You can do anything in your life but you only get one, so make the most of it. There is no second chances. This universe has magic and technology with everything in-between. Everyone has a unique ability that no one else has. (This special ability would be discussed with gm and player and would be only used in extreme cases.) In this living and breathing universe nothing is static. One day you can visit a planet then with a roll of a die the next time you go there its space dust because a asteroid hit it. (I will constantly update universe between games, it be up to players to find out what happened wail break of week happened.) Now that's enough about general concept now about the nit and gritty. Just like real life there are countries and sides between them. In this world there are two sides. Kindred's and Nightmares. This two sides have been fighting longer than most can remember. Wasn't till the last 200 yrs that there has been tentative peace. But that's been more of a illusion for the last 50 yrs. There has been small breakout of fights between the two sides more and more often The Unnerves is on edge of war again. Though it may not survive. There is hope though technology has reached a point to travel further then ever before. So some have escaped this nonsense going into the depths of space. But they are unaware what's out there will they find anything? Will it be friend or foe? There is also in this universe there will be world and universe bosses you may fight that can pop up randomly but be warn there's a reason why there world or universe bosses. But with great risk is great reward. Now I will go in more detail about sides I will start with the kindred's side first. Main Planets in Kindred's Gaia (aka earth) Role: Head of Kindred's Stage: phase 7 Races: every playable race for dnd 3.5 and pathfinder Technology: High Magic: High History: Phase 1 This was the phase that took up most of gaia's life started from first formed till the point of world war three. Phase 2 This was the first few yrs after world war three it was filled with chaos and lawless society. Phase 3 After the second dark ages from phase 2 new governments started to form and reorganize the world. Phase 4 Age of cold fusion. after many yrs after phase 3 started and regrouped the world the world finally found a unlimited surplus of power. But just like nuclear age this lead to weapons made from this energy type also. Phase 5 A girl elf was born her name lost in time but her message was not. That we should not repeat past mistakes and forgo all weapons and look upward for our new lives. Phase 6 World was on brink of word war 4 and was split in two. Ones charging into a war without thought and ones following the rebel elf woman to lay down arms. This phase ended abruptly when the woman sacrificed her self in a way no one would ever imagine and in a way that will always remembered to keep peace. when this happened people agreed to lay down there arms and never fight amongst themselves again. Phase 7 Current phase space travel meet new races and formed peace treaties with. Entropia Role: Second in charge of Kindred's Stage: Unknown Races: Gods Technology: Very low, Uses spelljammer ships to travel. Magic: High. History: Not much is known of this planet and race when they where second to join alliance. Though the inhabitants resemble gods/goddess of old from earth phase 1. similar powers and looks. Many scientist on Gaia believe that in ancient societies of Gaia meet them and put them in God statues. But they are unsure how they ether went to them or they came to us. Enmity Role: soldier of Kindred's Stage: Unknown Races: Human like Technology: Very High Magic: very low. History: This is a race of beings look very similar to humans. They use giant robots to travel in space. (Think robotech or gundam.) They are very smart and easily trained. But lack the fortitude to be leaders. They usually follow a person or planet that believes similar to themselves. Now I will go in more detail about other side. the main planets in Nightmares side. Hell (true name unknown) Role: leader of Nightmares Stage: Unknown Races: They look like a human shaped demon's and devil's Technology: Very High Magic: very High. History: Not much is known about them first encounter with this race 5 explorer ships where destroyed on Kindred's side. They are aggressive, chaotic, and ruthless race. wishing to dominate the universe. By what scientist can determine with long range scanners there home planet is a volcanic planet. The Hive Role: soldier of Nightmares Stage: Primitive Races: Insects Technology: none Magic: Moderate History: This is a race of insects with a hive mind following a queen. They are the brunt workers and soldiers for the Nightmares. They do not feel pain and affective warriors even if injured. They are deadly race and Kindred's try avoid combat with them at all cost. I think I covered the basics and the universe pretty well if you have any questions about something I didn't cover please ask. Again this is a interest check. And if I get enough people saying I would love to play this I may make a game of it and contact you.
Seems like it would be fun. I'd be interested in it, though if possible I'd like to know a bit more about these unique powers everyone has; what their limit may be, how they might work, what sort of power level they would be at, etc. I don't know a lot about 3.5, but I've been playing Pathfinder for nearly 3 years now (Both Society and home) so I know that system like the back of my hand. 
Erick T. said: Seems like it would be fun. I'd be interested in it, though if possible I'd like to know a bit more about these unique powers everyone has; what their limit may be, how they might work, what sort of power level they would be at, etc. I don't know a lot about 3.5, but I've been playing Pathfinder for nearly 3 years now (Both Society and home) so I know that system like the back of my hand.  Well basically Like I said "You can do anything in your life but you only get one, so make the most of it" which means no spells or powers to bring a dead char back. So to balance that out I will give everyone one unique power. Think of it as a limit break or a oh shit get me out of trouble thing. Now it wont be common use. Its once in a blue moon use deal or even once in a life time use depending on agreement between me and player over power. But the core of it player would give me idea they want. I will look at it adjust it to fit game and rules on it. And hand it back to player. And about power level it can be small or great but if you choose a very powerful one or idea expect to rarely use it or just use it once in life time. If you have anymore questions let me know.