Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

roll20 email support plus "phantom copy" bug

Hello!  I sent an email to roll20 yesterday about a deleted page and haven't heard back.  I know it hasn't been *that* much time, but I didn't get an auto-reply or any confirmation, and a big weekend is coming up so I'd like to know what to expect.  Since my request might require a rollback I can't work on anything until I know whether it can be resolved. Here's what happened - I was working on a map yesterday and while examining my page tool bar noticed a (copy) of one of the maps I had been using.  "That's odd," I thought, for I don't remember copying it, but the original was sitting right next to it so I went ahead and deleted the version marked (copy).  A few hours later I saw the (copy) had come back... but now it was completely empty, and the original was gone.   It appears that I deleted the original and not a copy, and that the copy as never real to begin with.  This has never happened to me before and needless to say I won't be deleting (copy) pages again without a lot more testing. Unfortunately that page was one of my "monster pen" sheets, a place where I collect dozens (if not over a hundred) custom monster tokens I've made for ease use.  Losing it really, really sets me back.  So I emailed roll20 last night and haven't heard anything.  I didn't get a confirmation, and I don't even know where you're based or what your hours are for support.  The details if you can help me - campaign is "Company of Caeltas" and page is "Monster Pen CR 5-9".  You can see the empty "copy" in the game.  I don't remember exactly when I deleted it, so if you can try 4:30 PM on 5/24 we'll check it, then go back in half hour increments.  I was working constantly until I realized what had happened so I'm trying to lose as little work as possible.  If it's a big deal to rollback and we have to get it right, let's try 3:30 PM.  A hour or two of lost work is nothing compared to months of work on that "monster pen."  Thank you (from me, my players, and the monsters who were lost).
Silvyre
Forum Champion
As a Pro subscriber, you have the ability to roll back a Game by selecting the Roll Back Game option on that Game's Settings dropdown menu .

Edited 1495731709
LOL well you learn something every day.  Thanks, I'll check it out now.  (Edit: Just looked, but I'll lose everything I worked on that day, which was most of it.  Is there any option to be more granular?  The support FAQ said to give a timestamp). Should I need to email you guys in the future, what's the response time expectation (and I don't mean resolution, I know that's subject to your judgment).  Thanks for the super fast reply here, though! Any thoughts on that "phantom copy" issue?
Silvyre
Forum Champion
camelotcrusade said: Any thoughts on that "phantom copy" issue? I haven't seen an issue like this reported before. If you're able to reproduce the issue in a fresh Game, providing the steps required to do so will allow the Devs to investigate. camelotcrusade said: The support FAQ said to give a timestamp Thank you for pointing this out. This information is outdated, and I've just informed the Dev Team of this.
It was a one-time occurrence though fairly serious because it encouraged destructive behavior (e.g., deleting the copy but actually deleting the original instead).  If it comes up again, I'll report it. To clarify the resolution to deleted pages, the remedy is to rollback to the previous day of my choice. Granular rollback are not available. thanks!