Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Token: Dynamic Light Starting View Angle Adjustment

Hi, I was curious if it was possible to adjust the Starting Point for the Angle of light and view. To better illustrate this... As you can see the light view is coming from the backs of the characters, now I could totally just flip the models in Illustrator  but before I started that process I wanted to know if its possible to do this in Roll 20.  Not a super big deal if its not possible. Now I upload my tokens in this general oritentation Now I know about setting the angle and that sadly isn't quite what I was looking for. Though I did try to put in -90 to see if that would accomplish my goal. Sadly that didn't work. Now that also causes another question about modifying the center of mass for the model, which I leave as a bonus question thanks everyone. -Chris
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
If you right click a token and set flip-horizontal and flip-vertical, you can get it to face up without re-uploading it.  That's the only way to handle it without rotating the art, unfortunately.
Thanks, The Aaron :D hmm that does sound quite the time saver thanks. I guess that also means there is no way to manually adjust the center of mass then.... :( To small Victories then :D -Chris
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
nope, sorry.  You'd pretty much have to adjust it in GIMP or similar and reupload it.  You can always place with alt to not snap, but that might not meet you rneeds.
Well there are two ways I could use to adjust the center of the mass, manually adjusting the pose or creating a base for the token to stand on... Next Time I adjust the art style of my game ill keep that in mind. Ill be honest I keep all my tokens in one ai file so it wouldn't be that difficult to create a universal base.... ill keep that in mind as well. Thanks, The Aaron. -Chris