Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[LFP] Fiendish Campaign

Edited 1498175346
Thinking about creating a special kind of evil campaign. The group of players will essentially be playing a group of fiends and/or mortals in service to the Nine Hells. (D&D 5e) The goal is to harvest as many souls for hell's use as possible. Keeping in mind that people you kill will only goto hell if they have committed sufficient evil in their lifetime or have signed away their soul as part of a soul contract (which you will be able to create and use). Any soul contracts you create MUST be honored and cannot be broken. However, how you choose to word the agreement and exploit that fact is up to you. For the fiends in the party, you will begin play at the lowest level of hell's totempole-like hierarchy and at certain milestones when you've collected a certain number of souls, you will level up. This is the only way to level up. If you do something really impressive, like collecting many souls at once or start a chain reaction that leads to a cascading effect of a lot of mortals becoming corrupted and turning evil, you will receive promotions in the hierarchy. As you move up the ranks, you will be given authority over lesser devils that you can use in various ways and will occasionally outrank your current superior and gain a new direct superior as you climb the ladder. You can also trade in souls for magical items of your choice. I'll create a chart with the soul costs of all of the standard magical items as well as adding new ones. The catch though, is that since the number of souls you have is tied to what level you are, you could potentially de-level yourself or at the very least drastically slow your progression. This is a personal choice you'll have to make when choosing if or when to buy items. You aren't going to be any of the devils that exist in the handbook, it's essentially going to be a sort of custom race almost that i've built and as you grow more powerful, you can also spend souls to unlock new racial abilities and perks. That is more or less the campaign i'm considering. So i'm curious if anyone might be interested in that. The roleplay to combat ratio will depend on your actions as players, but i'm going to try to keep it somewhere between 40/60 and 60/40. Remember, since you're acquiring souls and making deals for them, some of those deals will involve killing people like the monster who killed someone's family, a rival merchant, a noble's elder brother to ensure he gets the inheritance instead, etc. So there will always be opportunity for combat and I can adjust the difficulty as you guys play and level up. Also, after you successfully corrupt someone to evil, you'll have to harvest them to get full credit for the soul so that is another source of combat in certain situations. In addition to the things you bumble around and get yourselves into, there will be other elements in play trying to thwart you. Groups of adventurers who may hear of what you are doing and seek to put an end to you as well as occasional divine intervention with deities sending angels to protect their faithful from your influence and paladin and cleric orders actively seeking out fiends to destroy. So if you think this sounds like it might be fun, let me know here and if I get enough responses, i'll finish putting it together. I'm using a massive campaign world i've already built for this so most of the work is already done, i'll just need to flesh out a few things specific to how your characters will work such as perks you can unlock, soul costs for things, and so on. If folks aren't interested, I won't bother with it I suppose. :)
Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
Just out of curiosity: What gaming system will this be in? :)
What time and timezone will this be and are u willing to take new players?
From my perspective it sounds like you have made the system and I like the idea also interested in the contract maki
Oh right, sorry. This will be D&D 5th edition. Not used to having to specify that. :) Central timezone technically, but that doesn't really matter because the play time could be at any time. Right now i'm just gauging interest in the concept to see if it is worth taking the time to finish fleshing it out. As far as new players goes... Usually I don't mind new players in my games, but for a campaign like this I feel that you would need some degree of D&D 5e experience because this isn't going to be a typical adventure and follow the same formula. I'd have to think about that one.
Now that I know the system and what not count me interested.
That is good to know. I watched some D&D 5e campaigns and read the rules so i have general grasp of it so if u decide to take quite a new guy, count me in. Btw i am GMT+2 so if we can decide on some europe friendly time that will be great.
same as dagarik in the experience and if you do choose to run it I am aussie based so

Edited 1498230366
This sounds horribly interesting. The idea of corrupting someone, manipulating them, getting them to commit evil acts, so much more interesting than just killing them. I've actually convinced my dm to let me play an erinyes in an upcoming spelljammer campaign, but I'm always down for some more demon/devil action. ;) GMT+10 (East coast Australia), but I am studying online atm so I can essentially be on at any time. If I have to get up at 4:00am for the game, I'm completely ok with that. Whatever is most convenient for everyone else. I'm easy going, I'll roll with anything rules/lore/time/combat/rp wise. I have a good familiarity with 5e, and a good familiarity with devils as I have been writing a story so I have been researching them lately.