Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Divination Macro 3.5

Edited 1498264487
I'm trying to macro the divination spell, but I'm having trouble getting the divination roll to do what I want. Divination is 70+lvl % chance of success. I'm trying to roll a d100 vs 30 - lvl.&nbsp;I can't seem to get the syntax correct. &{template:DnD35StdRoll} {{spellflag=true}} {{name= @{character_name} casts [Divination]( <a href="http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/divination.htm" rel="nofollow">http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/divination.htm</a>)} } {{School:=Divination }} {{Level:=4}} {Compnts:=V,S,M}} {{Casting Time:= 1 std action}} {{Range:= Personal}} {{Target:= (Self) }} {{Duration:= Instantaneous}} {{Saving Throw:= Will for Negate DC [[ @{spelldc4} + @{sf-divination} ]]}} {{Spell Resist.:= Yes }} {{ Caster level check: = [[1d20+@{casterlevel}+@{spellpen}]] vs spell resistance.}} {{Divination Check: = [[1d100&gt;30-@{selected|casterlevel}]]}} {{succeedcheck=Successful Divination! Your god is willing!}} {{failcheck=You failed :( }} {{notes=Similar to augury but more powerful, a divination spell can provide you with a useful piece of advice in reply to a question concerning a specific goal, event, or activity that is to occur within one week. The advice can be as simple as a short phrase, or it might take the form of a cryptic rhyme or omen. If your party doesn’t act on the information, the conditions may change so that the information is no longer useful. The base chance for a correct divination is 70% + 1% per caster level, to a maximum of 90%. Requires incense and a sacrificial offering appropriate to your religion, together worth at least 25 gp. }}
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Try: [[1d100&gt;[[30-@{selected|casterlevel}]]]]
The roll works, thanks, but is there any way to make it so that a 1 shows up as a success and a 0 shows up as a fail?
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
I don't have that sheet set up, but just experimenting with this: &{template:default} {{Divination Check: = [[1d100&gt;[[30+20]]]] }} I get 0s and 1s
Diana P
Pro
Sheet Author
With the way that roll template works, you would need to change the {{Divination Check: = [[1d100&gt;[[30-@{selected|casterlevel}]]]] }} part to {{compcheck = Divination Check: [[1d100&gt;[[30-@{selected|casterlevel}]]]] }} This is because the succeedcheck and failcheck look at the roll specifically in the compcheck section to know what to trigger on. Hope that helps.