Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[LFP][5e] Dust, a skyhigh Threatre of the Mind campaign! (LGBT Friendly)

Edited 1497917954
Overview While the storm churns endlessly on the surface of the earth, the people of the world live peacefully on the large anchor islands miles above. For the last hundred years things have been good, but steadily the storm grows. It's time to find some answers below the clouds, in the world of Dust!&nbsp;Explore the surface and the skies, in this exploration based, ruleslite campaign. We'll be playing a weekly or bi-weekly campaign , with a focus on narrative, exploration, and roleplaying . It'll be Theatre of the Mind 5e , so no battlemaps! Hopefully, you'll be relying on your wit just as much as your weapons. Timing is flexible, weekends are preferred. More Information - The party will be a group of 4 to 5 people , 1 slot is already taken! Ideally, we'll have a relaxed group for people to comfortably play with - Players of all skill levels welcome! I've got plenty of DMing experience and hope to blend the party together seamlessly. - As a DM I have years of experience off of Roll20, and a good amount of experience on here as well split across new accounts. I'll work with the party to weave fun encounters and interesting stories, and hopefully make a long running and successful campaign! - An LGBTQ and girl&nbsp;friendly environment , since those can be hard to come by sometimes. Who's DMing? Me, Maddie! A transgirl with a long time obsession with Dungeon's and Dragons. I've been DMing for many campaigns, and I know how hard it can be to find a fun party, so I decided to make my own. If you're not comfortable with a trans woman being your DM, well you're out of luck here. If you're interested, please feel free to make a reply on this page, send me a private message, or post on our looking for group page: <a href="https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/81007/dust" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/81007/dust</a>

Edited 1497919806
I'll be joining!! :)
Only 2 slots remaining for now!
Party is full! I'm amazed at how many people are looking for more accepting groups. If anyone likes what they saw hear and are interested, send me a message! Chances are I'll be opening another, similar campaign soon.
A slot has opened up for anyone interested! We currently have a party of 4, and have room for a 5th.
Hey, I'm interested! Is there an application process I should go through ?_?
Campaign is full again.
No battlemaps? No tokens? How does combat even happen then?
You roleplay it out, and think in terms of where people are in the space. If they're fighting in a theater perhaps people on on the stage can fight via melee, but people on the floor either need to use range or move onto the stage. Roll damage and such remain exactly the same.&nbsp; It's called Threatre of the Mind style since its well, exactly that. It also lets me set up interesting encounters such as people fighting on top of a moving vehicle, or people climbing up the side of a building. Without any battle map, the locations you can stage fights in becomes much larger.
That sounds very broken. Considering certain spells and weapons have ranges and areas of effect. Any combat you can do in Theatre of the mind of you can do as normal combat. Having it on a moving vehicle is easy, and you can create HUGE maps on Roll20 if you wish.
It's mostly a matter of preference (and some degree of trust in the DM's fairness), there are roleplaying systems with far fewer rules, which I actually heard are quite popular right now. But it sounds like they probably wouldn't be for you!&nbsp; Which I consider a good thing, so long as players have all kinds of preferences there will be lots of great systems to choose from!
Kai, it is broken, but that's why all of my campaigns are narrative over combat. It doesn't really matter what kind of damage spells can do, and what range weapons have, because its more about what you want to do with the spell rather than what damage you're outputting. Plus, I know you can make huge maps on Roll20, but can you easily simulate people swinging along the sides of buildings or a fast paced action scene in which the party slides down the side of a pyramid? It's a bit harder to capture the speed in my opinion. Natalie's right when she says it's a matter of preference.
I would love to play in your campaign.Been wanting to try a theatre of the mind game for awhile. Im available on sat's if there is room.